Why become a member? ×

Ibanez EDB700 4 String

lateralus462

After much deliberation I've decided to sell my Ibanez EDB700. It was the first bass I bought when I got back in to playing bass around 4 years ago and it's the only one I've held on to since switching back to guitar full time.

The bass itself is not in perfect nick, as it has been gigged fairly extensively but it is in far from bad condition, really the only damage of note is a bit of wear above the neck pickup (as can be seen in the photo's) and a few small dents round the edge, to be expected with these basses as the body is made from pretty soft maple and the finish is fairly thin. There is also a small amount buckle rash on the back, but nothing that goes through the finish.

The other thing about the bass is that it is currently wired as passive, with 1 volume and 1 pan knob to selct between the pickups. The bass originally came with a pretty dire 3 band active eq which died fairly quickly and was replaced with a John East Pre - when I relegated the bass to backup I sold the East pre amp and wired it up as passive - it still sounds really good, and I have recorded with the bass since but I think if i was keeping it I would probably look into making it active again.

All that said it is a joy to play, with a nice fast thin neck and is probably the best bass I have owned for slap - if it wasn't for needing to buy tools for my cabinet making course I would be keeping it!!!

I'm looking for [b]£100[/b] for the bass

Edited by lateralus462

• 1 month later...