Why become a member? ×

Potential mod to a Bass Big Muff

Scotticus

Hey peeps,

Today I picked up a Bass Big Muff. So far at home it's settling in well, the real test comes tomorrow morning at rehearsal volumes (bloody loud).

In the meantime, I'm curious about whether this mod might be possible. The BBM has two outs, a "clean out" in addition to the usual. This clean out stays active regardless of whether the BBM is bypassed or not. Would it be possible to mod this pedal so that the clean out only sends clean, and the standard out only sends the affected signal? IE, the clean out mutes when the pedal is stomped?

Just curiosity at this stage, it has to do with me wanting to be able to only compress clean tones and only gate distorted tones in as little board space as possible. I'm considering getting something like a TC Electronic Nova Dynamics to handle both compression and gating.

If you've seen inside one of these babies and know enough to do a mod like this, I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers
Scott