Why become a member? ×

***SOLD: Focusrite OctoPre dynamic + ADAT card

[u][b]*** SOLD *** (sold on eBay)[/b][/u]

[u][b]Focusrite OctoPre Dynamic + ADAT card[/b] - 8 channel Mic Pre/compressor with ADAT Optical out[/u]

Ideal for adding 8 extra channels to a DAW set-up via the ADAT optical link (which is what I used it for) so you can track a whole band live for example, or mic up a complete drum kit.
NB: This isn't the cheaper 'LE' version - it's the more expensive version with a compressor on every channel.
Only looking to sell because I've upgrade to an expensive high-end unit from Audient.

In [b]very good[/b] condition, just a little bit of 'rack rash' were the unit was mounted in a flight case. Comes complete with all the original packaging.

One just went for £340 on eBay. I'm looking for [b]£295 shipped[/b]. Or cash on collection with a discount! (I live close to J10 M40)

[list]
[*]8 channel of Focusrie Mic preamps
[*]ADAT card to give 24-bit digital connection to your DAW
[*]The first two channels also feature phase reverse, as well as unbalanced 1/4” jack inputs on the front for quick and easy, DI-free plug-in of your bass or guitar
[*]Word Clock connector
[*]Compressor on each channel - the compressor/limiter circuit provides each channel with compression, which morphs into limiting to avoid critical ‘overs’ when recording digitally
[*]switchable 48V phantom power on each channel
[*]high-pass filter on each channel
[/list]
[b][url="http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep02/articles/octopre.asp"]Read the 'Sound on Sound' review here[/url][/b]

And here's some blurb from Focusrite:

[i]Providing eight pristine discrete channels of Focusrite Class A mic pre and compression, OctoPre routes directly to any digital audio workstation via analogue outputs or the 24-bit, 96kHz A/D converter.

Each channel also features a revolutionary compressor / limiter circuit, providing a warm-sounding compressor, which morphs into a brick wall limiter to avoid those critical overs, ensuring total control over all eight channels.

The mic pres featured in OctoPre those featured elsewhere in the award winning Focusrite Platinum range. They are a transistor-based Class A design utilising the same full-bandwidth philosophy as the legendary Red and ISA mic pres, ensuring detail and clarity without colouration. The first two 'super channels' also feature phase reverse, as well as TRS jack inputs on the front fascia for quick and easy, DI-free instrument plug-in.

Output can be either analogue or digital; choices include 8 balanced analogue outputs, or an optional A/D, (8 AES, S/PDIF and ADAT lightpipe digital outputs.) An external Wordclock input is also provided (BNC connector.) The AES-EBU and S/PDIF format outputs all operate at up to 24bit /96kHz and can run simultaneously with the lightpipe outputs, giving up to 16 channels of digital output for sample rates of 44.1 and 48kHz, at 16, 20 or 24 bit dithered.

With Class A Focusrite processing and almost all the interface options known to man, the Platinum Octopre is the perfect partner for any Pro Tools system or any other Digital audio workstation, making high quality, multi-channel recording easy. Equally it could be utilised as an instant location recording solution, or as an additional set of mic pres for any analogue or digital console, or hard disk recorder.[/i]

[attachment=79722:octopre_1.jpg]
[attachment=79723:octopre_2.jpg]
[attachment=79724:octopre_3.jpg]
[attachment=79725:octopre_4.jpg]
[attachment=79726:octopre_5.jpg]

Edited by 99ster