Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Some Funky Stuff Going Down In Liverpool!

JakeFoordBass

Hi All,

From the post I put on the Introductions page I noticed a good amount of Scousers (whether real or adopted) on here. Therefore, I just wanted to post a lil something about some gigs I'm putting on!

Having noticed a real hole in the Liverpool Funk/Soul/Hip-Hop scene I decided to start a monthly night at Alma de Cuba where I work as the company's music partner.

Coming up soon, I have:

[b]Thursday 19th May[/b] - Boy Com. A 9 piece Party Hip Hop band from the Bath/Bristol direction. They're really awesome and very good fun! Support is from a very good new Liverpool Funk/Soul outfit called Manukah. The night starts at 9.30 with myself and another of the 6ix Toys crew DJ'ing. Free entry.

You can check out Boy Com [url="http://www.boycom.co.uk"]Here[/url] and view the Facebook event [url="https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510005366#!/event.php?eid=221279224565194"]Here[/url]

Then:

[b]Thursday June 2nd[/b] - Cantaloop. Another big old Funk/Hip-Hop/Soul mash band who brand themselves as "Super Heavy Funk." Very cool band who have toured with the Fun Loving Criminals a few times. Support comes from Manukah again (we really like them). Another 9.30 start and same deal with DJ's and free entry.

Later this year we'll have shows from Smoove & Turrell and us 6ix Toys lot will be doing some stuff for our new album. Always looking for real quality funk for support acts and just for general Thursday nights at Alma. If you're unfamiliar with it, it's an amazing venue based on Seel Street in Liverpool City Centre in an old Church. Beautiful building and a great setting for live music.

I also run an Open Mic Night at a venue called The Noble House on Brunswick Street in Liverpool every Wednesday night. You can always expect decent music down there but need more so please get in touch and come down with whatever instruments you fancy! Starts at 9 and is, again, free entry. This week's special guests are TJ & Murphy, Sea Legs and Nadine Carina who are all amazing. If Folky acoustic stuff's your bag, come on down!

Cheers Guys & Gals!

Jake