Why become a member? ×

List of Theory, Technique and Practical Info

FJ1200

I found the excelent www.studybass.com yesterday more by luck than judgement and wish I'd found it years ago - learned some simple and blindingly obvious stuff that I put into practice last night and I sounded better than I have in ages - but then that's not saying a lot really.

This site has been mentioned before here 3 times but the last one was August last year so I doubt I would have found it.

What I was wondering is, is it worth having a pinned thread listing good resources and web sites all in one place as has been done on some of the other forums here?

At 1 week shy of turning 45 I'm determined to improve my playing (mid-life crisis anyone? Still looking for a tutor, BTW....) and going back to some of the real basics. I also want to re-learn to read music and sight reading as I used to be able to at school - and that was a long time ago (was 3rd in my year in music twice - wish I'd never given it up now!)!

This forum has been a great encouragement to me as well to get on with it so a BIG thanks guys. Loads of really good stuff here.