Why become a member? ×

RARE - Crest CA-9 2000W Professional Power Amplifier

sei24bass

I'm sure you all know what this is, but just in case you don't or you like an easy life:

[b]What Is It?[/b]
Professional power amp (2000W bridged into 4 ohms) with truly exceptional low-end response, making it pretty much the power amp of choice within the US bass playing community and that that recommended by Jim Bergantinio (need we say anymore?). Huge wall of clear, deep & effortlessly powerful/authoritative tone that put a grin on the face of every single bass player who tried mine, messed with their internals and left an indelible mark on their mind (don’t say you weren’t warned…). I’m a bit of an audio geek and truthfully I was a little sceptical about fellow US bass players rave comments about the difference this power amplifier made, until I got one and was truly astounded at just how much cleaner, deeper & more authoritative the sound was.

I regularly used this amplifier and the PJB 24B cabinet that I’m also selling on stage in a lively evangelical church with a full band and it easily filled a full capacity 700 seater auditorium with no PA support and with plenty of reserves to spare (I regularly had to turn down because the floor shook too much and the sound travelled too far!)

Here's a review ([url="http://www.djzone.net/pg/archives/0499/gear.shtml"]http://www.djzone.net/pg/archives/0499/gear.shtml[/url]).

[b]What Are The Specs?[/b][list]
[*] Balanced XLR & ¼ inch jack inputs (accepts non balanced jack signals as well)
[*] Speakon outputs
[*] Overbuilt toroidal transformer power supply for extra transient response (bass slam in other words)
[*] Short circuit, Thermal & DC Voltage Protection Circuitry
[*] Twin tunnel cooling, with dual quiet rear mounted continuously variable speed fans (really quiet and studio friendly)
[*] Ground lift switch
[*] 240V operation
[/list]
[b]What Condition Is It In?[/b]
Perfect working order. Some scratches around the rack mounting ears and one of the signal LEDs no longer works.

[b]Why Am I Selling It?[/b]
I’ve left my old large church and am fully committed to a small church (approx 60 people!), for which this is sadly totally inappropriate. I love this amplifier and it really pains me to sell it along with my beloved PJB 24B speaker cabinet, but neither have been used for the past 18 months and they are simply too good to have unused.

Very difficult to get in the UK, but approx. £1,000 new. [b]Looking for £500 (+ delivery unless you fancy a trip to South London to collect).[/b]

[size=3][b]PJB 24B speaker traded (subject to the usuals), therefore special deal previously offered with this power amp no longer possible.[/b][/size]

Edited by sei24bass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...