Why become a member? ×

For sale: Warwick Corvette $$ 4 string, £450

kirkflip

Hi there, I have for sale my beloved warwick

It is in fully working order, however there is some cosmetic damage, this includes a deep scratch on the front (pictured), small scratches around the controls (also pictured), various cases of "belt rash" on the back and various other small scratches around the body. However, the neck and headstock are all in perfect condition.

The screw holes for the pickups have also been repaired, although this is not noticeable and does not hinder the bass at all.

Although the cosmetic problems are present, there is no hindrance to the playing style of the bass, the huge pickups and fantastic preamp on the bass provide a huge, warm and deep sound.

As well as the bass I am including a set of warwick strap locks (worth about £15) and a brand new armadillo hard case (worth about £40)

Im looking for £450 ONO
I will post the bass for £15, and would also accept collection
If collected I would prefer cash on collection

Thanks
Kirk

The following technical information has come straight from Warwick's website:

If the entire line of Warwick basses is like a family at a party, then the Corvette $$ is the latest in-law who ate all the food, drank all the booze and is now in the coat closet with not one, but two of the wait staff! You know the type - a complete and utter beast who only listens to the one person in the family who can control it. Yeah...the Double $$ is that wild.

Even though it cosmetically resembles other Corvette models, the Double $$ gets its outrageous attitude and powerful identity from its unique pickup and electronics package. There are two passive MEC humbuckers nestled closely in the center of the body, completely covering the legendary sweet-spot that so many basses miss completely. But this beast has a sensitive side too, which can be accessed via the two mini 3-way switches that allow you to coil tap each humbucker in a variety if ways (hum canceling parallel/series, single coil). To give the Double $$ more flexibility, the passive pickups are matched to a MEC 2-band preamp, making this behemoth a true passive/active hybrid bass " the best of both worlds.

If you look beyond the wild electronics you will see that the Double $$ features some of Warwick´s most valued components. A select swamp ash body for warmth and snap, an ovangkol neck for strength and growl, bell brass frets for resonance and longevity " all these elements blend beautifully to create the perfect performance palate for you and your passion.

Bolt-on
Available as 4, 5 or 6-string
Available as right-handed or left-handed*, as well as fretted and fretless* models
US Swamp Ash body
Ovangkol neck
Wenge fingerboard
Scale length: 34" (long scale)
24 frets
Passive MEC MM-Style humbuckers
Active MEC 2-way electronics
Two 3-way mini-switches for separate configuration of the humbuckers (serial / parallel / single-coil)
available in Natural Oil Finish, Coloured Oil Finish or High Gloss Finish
Warwick tuners
2-piece Warwick bridge
Black hardware (chrome, gold or satin-chrome with extra charge)
Just-A-Nut III
Weight**: 3,9 kg (4-string), 4,3 kg (5-string)