Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger RF II Foot Switch

Quoth'd

I'm looking for a footswitch to allow me to switch between the 2 channels on my Gallien Krueger Backline 210.

I can't find anything (even a wiring diagram) for the current recommended switch for this model. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

In the manual:
[url="http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/Backline%20Series%20OM.pdf.pdf"]http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/Bac...es%20OM.pdf.pdf[/url]

on page 8 it says regarding this footswitch:
"15-Footswitch /A/B:
¼" jack for a standard single pole latching foot switch.
It Switches from channel “A” to “B”. The “A/B” switch
must be off for this function to operate."

The pictures of the RFII footswitch indicate it can switch two functions using a stereo cable. Therefore, I'm not sure this is actually the pedal / pedal schematic you are looking for - I believe you want the RFI, or equivalent. The sales blurb for the RFI in fact states "The RF-I is a single button foot switch which is compatible with the Backline Series amplifiers".

To me, it looks as simple as wiring up an on/off (i.e. latching not momentary) footswitch and plugging it in with a standard mono 1/4" cable. There's probably something cheap that will do this at your local shop, if you don't want to make it up yourself.

[quote name='OzMike' post='1174162' date='Mar 24 2011, 06:06 AM']In the manual:
[url="http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/Backline%20Series%20OM.pdf.pdf"]http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/Bac...es%20OM.pdf.pdf[/url]

on page 8 it says regarding this footswitch:
"15-Footswitch /A/B:
¼" jack for a standard single pole latching foot switch.
It Switches from channel “A” to “B”. The “A/B” switch
must be off for this function to operate."

The pictures of the RFII footswitch indicate it can switch two functions using a stereo cable. Therefore, I'm not sure this is actually the pedal / pedal schematic you are looking for - I believe you want the RFI, or equivalent. The sales blurb for the RFI in fact states "The RF-I is a single button foot switch which is compatible with the Backline Series amplifiers".

To me, it looks as simple as wiring up an on/off (i.e. latching not momentary) footswitch and plugging it in with a standard mono 1/4" cable. There's probably something cheap that will do this at your local shop, if you don't want to make it up yourself.[/quote]

Thanks OzMike - I was mulling it over yesterday & decided to put a meter to it. Turns out it is just as you said - 1 way Latching (12v) As RF-I. Have had a look at latching foot switches & decided that I'll build one as I can match it to my existing pedals. GOing to see if it's possible to incorporate a status LED without needing additional power. :)

[quote name='Quoth'd' post='1174186' date='Mar 24 2011, 07:40 AM']Thanks OzMike - I was mulling it over yesterday & decided to put a meter to it. Turns out it is just as you said - 1 way Latching (12v) As RF-I. Have had a look at latching foot switches & decided that I'll build one as I can match it to my existing pedals. GOing to see if it's possible to incorporate a status LED without needing additional power. :)[/quote]
I wonder if it's the same footswitch for my GK MB500 - it has an LED on it and only requires a mono jack lead to operate it. If necessary I'll take the lid off and have a peek inside if I have time before the weekend. It may have to wait until Monday, though, as the amp is being gigged over the weekend.

HTH
Ian