Why become a member? ×

White Horse BP150 Bass Guitar Amplifier

tomb

im looking at getting this mainly due to its price and power but i wanted to know more about it since the only video i find is of a review done by the store that sell them...

December 2008 issue of Guitar & Bass featured it as one of the year's best bass amps, according to the store's website

here are the specs:

[quote]Power Rating 150W RMS 4 Ohms

Speaker 15" 4 Ohms

Controls Gain, Master ,Bright,Boost

EQ Controls 3 band EQ (Bass, Mid, Treble); 7 band graphic EQ (50Hz/120Hz/400Hz/500Hz/800Hz/4.5KHz/10KHz)

Built in compressor

Compressor LED indicator

Bass guitar Input 1/4"Jack

Active / Passive bass guitar input switch

Auxilliary Input Phono L/R

Effects Loop Send and return 1/4"Jack

Preamp Output 1/4"Jack

Amp Input 1/4"Jack

Headphone Output 1/4" Jack

Line Out 1/4" Jack

Weight 30kg

Dimensions 622mm (W) 420mm (D) 653mm (H)[/quote]

anyone has any experience with it?

Never tried one, but the local(ish) music shop where I buy 90% of my kit, and who have never let me down on anything technical, sell them. I asked about them, seeing that they looked quite smart and were so cheap, and they said they were not at all bad, good tone, quite loud for their rating - but they found they needed to give them a going over before they put them on sale, just to tighten up the odd loose bit, and so forth. Might be as well to try and find one in stock at a place you trust, rather than simply buying one online?

I live in a small island where all you can find is Marshal, Roland and and occasionally ENGL...
and bass combos are really hard to come by here with decent power, i generally stop seeing combos at 60w... except for Roland, but they are way to expensive for me

[quote name='tomb' post='1153771' date='Mar 8 2011, 01:43 PM']I live in a small island where all you can find is Marshal, Roland and and occasionally ENGL...
and bass combos are really hard to come by here with decent power, i generally stop seeing combos at 60w... except for Roland, but they are way to expensive for me[/quote]

Then I think you could do a lot worse than give one a try - it'll probably be among the meatiest bass rigs on the island :) and yes, the BP150 has had some very good reviews. Come to think of it, I've not read a bad one...