Why become a member? ×

Vester Custom Shop 5 string Bass for sale

somfing_else

It kills me to do this but i'm selling my Vester Custom Shop 5 string Bass

Warwick thumb style copy

Active EMG pickups (not sure what model)

Bolt on neck

Locking strap nuts, I will send the strap along with this. If you want normal strap nuts I will put them back on if requested

Few things that aren't original:
I've replaced 2 of the tone knobs - never got round to buying a single one for the 3rd!
And i've replaced the whole bridge as when I got it, one of the saddles was missing
Even though the bridge isn't the right size, i've had no problems playing this bass, I've played probably around 80 shows with it over the years and it's never let me down!
If needed i can send the original with the 4 saddles, but I couldn't track down a replacement saddle that would fit!

Obviously signs of damage, but nothing major, scratches, scrapes etc (look at pictures)

I'll clean it up abit as I haven't had the time before posting this

Looking for £200 or best offer

Pickup from sheffield as I've got no way of sending it

Ask me for any other details

Edited by somfing_else

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1150844' date='Mar 5 2011, 06:58 PM']Nice bass. What is string spaciong on these? And neck profile?[/quote]

I'm afraid i've got no idea on exact figures
Just got my ruler out and judging by other figures bridge spacing is 17.5mm
not sure on neck profile sorry

[quote name='somfing_else' post='1152818' date='Mar 7 2011, 07:12 PM']I'm afraid i've got no idea on exact figures
Just got my ruler out and judging by other figures bridge spacing is 17.5mm
not sure on neck profile sorry[/quote]

I had a 4 string one of these, ended up selling it to some chap in Australia. Absolutely fantastic basses; you'd be really hard pushed to find a better built bass with as much bang for your buck as this.

A bit more info for anyone interested; very much a Warwick copy, and that goes for both the 'bell brass' frets and the solid one piece bubinga body (the back is also faintly curved like the Thumb). The neck profile was very similar to my Warwick Corvette $$, quite chunky in depth but very comfortable to play (reasonably narrow at the nut - again, like a Warwick) and very fast. Brass nut and the 5-piece laminate neck makes it nice and solid. Gotoh tuners too, if I recall.

All in all, great basses; I've almost convinced myself to buy it....I've been after a 5 string.. BUMP!

• 4 weeks later...