Why become a member? ×

Anyone tried Bass Guitar Tips

2wheeler

Has anyone tried [url="http://www.bassguitarsecrets.com/"]Bass Guitar Tips[/url] method for learning bass?

I had a look in reviews and didn't find anything...

The web-site screams GIMMICK but it did get me curious. The download-only version is about the cost of one person-to-person lesson.

Aquick google brings up this
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241187"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241187[/url]

and in particular, this;

[quote]I bought it.
I got it because it was kind of cheap. Some of the extras are ok. But the core of what it offers. The, "secrets," are really just soundfiles of basslines and the tab and music. His big secret is to learn one of them a day.

so, basically just learn a bass line from one song a day and you'd be doing the same thing.

Some nice information if you are new. But, it doesn't deliver on the, " make up a great bass line on the spot to anything, " promise.

If would however be much more usefull, if instead of just bass soundfiles, the bass files popped up on a fret board telling you where to put your fingers. I just find it too annoying to listen to the bass lines and look over tabs and or music. I'll do it for a song I'm playing, but for bass lines I may not ever use.... Plus the bass lines were not catogorized as to what type of music they might be best suited too.

A course I bought which was much more expensive, but I thought worth the money was , " bass magic." It was like $200, but I got it when I started, and it showed me exactly where to put my fingers with a fretboard, explaines music theory, and many techniques. Some video, some audio, but mostly midi, so you can slow down the tempo as you listen to it.

Basically it probably contains all the information I could ever want for bass, but I got sucked into the hype for the one you metioned......

As said above he doesn't have any real secret, it just boils down to learning different bass line a day or so, thats his whole program. then he heaps a lot of extras on it, so you feel like you really got something.[/quote]

Thanks Huw! I should have googled harder.

[quote name='Huw' post='130745' date='Jan 30 2008, 03:55 PM']...
The, "secrets," are really just soundfiles of basslines and the tab and music. His big secret is to learn one of them a day...[/quote]

So that would be what I am doing already with Paul Westwood's excellent Bass Bible?