Why become a member? ×

A Productive Morning (for a change!)

Hot Tub

It was time for new strings on the 5er, so removed the old Roto's (god, what a state they were in!), and then decided everything needed a bit of a clean. Made another fret mask from an empty plastic lemonade bottle, got the Brillo Pads out and gave everything a good scrub. Cleaned up the body and lemon-oiled the fretboard with the Dunlop 65 cleaning kit, then popped on the set of DR Sunbeams which have been lying around unopened for almost a year.

Now I can't decide if it looks better than it sounds, or sounds better than it looks! :)

Just one minor problem; I can't get the G to intonate properly. Action across the strings is just the way I like it (as low as possible with no/very minimal fret buz), and the other strings are spot on perfect, but the G is a TINY bit flat at the 12th fret, and the saddle is as far forward as it can go. Probably not an issue on a day to day basis, but I'm a stickler for detail/obsessive muppet, and just can't get it right!

Anyhoo, pretty pleased with a good morning's tinkering.

:)