Why become a member? ×

The cheapest bass man ever created.

Soloshchenko

Take one quite weird shaped (see upper horn), revoltingly finished, £6.50 P Bass Ebay body.
Add Stevie D's currently broken P Bass neck (hope you don't mind me nicking your pic Steve, it'll probably only arrive tomorrow).
Now we get really cheap...
Stir in an unknown PBass pickup taken from the Hondo Rickenfaker project I bought and never got round to working on (Now belongs to Ash on here who has a far more interesting future planned for it).

And you have the foundations for a very cheap PBass!

More pics to follow. By the way, if anyone can identify what make that body is from the strange, long upper horn I'd appreciate it! It's a tiny bit thinner than a normal P Bass body.

COST SO FAR= £21.50

[quote name='henry norton' post='1131474' date='Feb 17 2011, 07:59 PM']Love the radical offset on the (P)Ric pickup. Are you going to be duplicating it on this new project or will you be giving the poor old split coil a more traditional positioning?[/quote]

Really? You're mad. No it's going back to normal position mate. I never hooked it up when it was in this sorry state. Wish I had now, who knows, it might have been the bass equivilent of the holy grail!

£21.50!? you've got to be kidding! I guess you're going to get jeeves to finish this decadence of a bass off whilst you cruise down to downtown abu-dhabi in your bentley continental GT to party :) LOL jk. It's a shame you didn't wire up that p pickup in that position, it might have been rather good. Then again it might of been crap but that's the fun of it.

Edited by EdwardHimself

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1135654' date='Feb 21 2011, 03:47 PM']cool. GO ON MY SAN! all you need is to replace the fender logo with ryder and you'll have a real collectors item on your hands.[/quote]
But it has to go to the attic first. Those are the rules.