Why become a member? ×

[size=7]Bass SOLD as a whole![/size]

I've been asked couple of times if I'll consider parting the bass. I will. Here's the original sale thread: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=120328"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=120328[/url]

Body - £220
- Warmoth, jazz shape
- alder, three matched pieces
- high grade bookmatched bubinga top
- amber (?) color
- back routed cavity
- fully shielded with copper tape
- rosewood veneered back cavity cover + spare ivory cover
- black schaller strap-lock buttons OR classic black buttons

Pickups and electronics - £80
- custom wound SBS pickups - dual coils in series (aimed to be stronger in bass and lo-mid, little weaker in mids and not so harsh at treble)
- CTS pots, orange drop cap, switchcraft jack socket
- custom rosewood knobs

Bridge - £30
- black Schaller 3D bridge

Neck - £200
- Warmoth, jazz shape
- wenge back (amazing!)
- bloodwood fretboard (think of red ebony)
- stainless steel frets (6230 i.i.r.c.)
- custom nut made from buffalo horn
- position markers made (probably) from maple
- black string tree

Tuners - £50
- black Gotoh Kluson style tuners + all the screws

Prices were shot in the hurry, so they might be completely insane (well, it's 2AM, so my brain is already off). I will sell when there're buyers for at least £300 worth of parts. Trades possible to, but I need some cash going my way.

Not very representative pictures: [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/ctirad.kovar/WarmothWengeBubinga#"]http://picasaweb.google.com/ctirad.kovar/W...thWengeBubinga#[/url]

[size=7]Bass SOLD as a whole![/size]

Edited by kurcatovium

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1116208' date='Feb 5 2011, 08:49 AM']Should I get it it's overpriced?[/quote]

Personally I think your neck is overpriced. I can get an all Wenge neck off Warmoth new for $250 which is about £155. Even with all the duty, a new one to the UK probably would be under £200.

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1118447' date='Feb 6 2011, 11:47 PM']Is it really $250? They must have changed their prices recently... This one was definitely quite some $$ over $300 + postage + tax + new nut (that corian was poor and broke at one point). Hmm, I tried their online calculator and it shows $340. Where's the problem?[/quote]

Yeah but that's if Warmoth BUILD me a neck to my specifications, if I'm buying yours already, it's basically showcase stock built to your specifications. They have loads at a cheaper price already:

[url="http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?Body=1&Bass=1&Shape=38&Path=Neck,JBass&nWood=31"]Wenge necks, some with a nut already installed.[/url]

Even if I did get one built to my specs and it's $340.00 USD, that still equates to £211.213 GBP. Warmoth stuff doesn't hold it's value very well, but you are selling a product second hand for £11 less than a new one before we get into delivery issues (you live in the CR I take it, that ain't cheap delivery either). I'm not looking for an argument mate. You clearly want to sell the bass as you said on your other thread, and it is a lovely bass made of beautiful parts but you asked the question, is it overpriced, I'm telling you it is and it won't sell at that price.

[quote name='Soloshchenko' post='1118465' date='Feb 7 2011, 12:10 AM']Even if I did get one built to my specs and it's $340.00 USD, that still equates to £211.213 GBP. Warmoth stuff doesn't hold it's value very well, but you are selling a product second hand for £11 less than a new[/quote]
$340 + shipping to the UK at around $60-$70 and then add VAT at 20%, so the total cost new would be in the region of £300-£320 landed.

While full build Warmoth instruments don't hold their value the bodies and necks do (at least on ebay uk), presumably because they have an excellent reputation, are reasonably rare in Europe (particularly bass parts) and unlike Fender there isn't a huge problem with fakes.

I've been looking on ebay for a bargain on a good quality strat neck every day for the last few months and have watched several low end, second hand Warmoth strat and tele necks go for £200+.
While £200 for the OP's neck isn't the bargain of the century, I don't think it's overpriced.

Edited by Gyp The Blood

[quote name='Gyp The Blood' post='1118543' date='Feb 7 2011, 03:28 AM']$340 + shipping to the UK at around $60-$70 and then add VAT at 20%, so the total cost new would be in the region of £300-£320 landed.[/quote]

Not forgetting VAT is paid on the total bill including shipping, plus you've got duty on the part too (I think it's 3% for musical instruments).

[quote name='Gyp The Blood' post='1118543' date='Feb 7 2011, 03:28 AM']$340 + shipping to the UK at around $60-$70 and then add VAT at 20%, so the total cost new would be in the region of £300-£320 landed.[/quote]

Again, as I said in my post, this neck is the posters spec and as such should be comparably to the stock showcase necks at around 250 bucks so your $ 340 figure is wrong. It's more like $250, so your landed price becomes £240ish or possibly less for a new neck delivered to your door. He's charging £200 for a second hand neck before getting into delivery from the Czech Republic. The poster asked a reasonable question and I'm giving a reasonable answer. Regardless of what things go for on eBay, if someone is selling something you can get new for a similar deal then it clearly is over priced.

Anyway, Im glad it looks like you've sold the bass as a whole mate, it will mean less hassle for you and it looks great as it is. Hope no offence has been caused, I was merely trying to give advice as it was requested. Good luck with the pending sale.

[quote name='Soloshchenko' post='1118822' date='Feb 7 2011, 12:51 PM']Again, as I said in my post, this neck is the posters spec and as such should be comparably to the stock showcase necks at around 250 bucks so [b]your[/b] $ 340 figure is wrong.[/quote]

[quote name='Soloshchenko' post='1118465' date='Feb 7 2011, 12:10 AM']Even if I did get one built to my specs and it's $340.00 USD, that still equates to £211.213 GBP.[/quote]
It was your figure not mine and I was just pointing out that you hadn't accounted for shipping and duty costs which rightly or wrongly tend to be factored in to the second hand sales of stuff like this.

[quote name='Gyp The Blood' post='1119072' date='Feb 7 2011, 04:39 PM']It was your figure not mine and I was just pointing out that you hadn't accounted for shipping and duty costs which rightly or wrongly tend to be factored in to the second hand sales of stuff like this.[/quote]

Fine, I see your point, although the £200 asked for doesn't take into consideration delivery from the Czech republic either does it? Also, I thought the use of "[b][/b]Even if[b][/b] it's worth $340" would clearly show that this ISN'T my figure. My figure is $250 as my post, if understood properly, clearly states.

Anyway, moving on...

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1119145' date='Feb 7 2011, 05:33 PM']Guys, come on, no need to argue here. Prices were a bit over the line, I'll correct them if the bass don't sell as a whole (potential buyer took day or two to sort the money).[/quote]

No worries mate and good luck with the sale. I certainly didn't want to detract from your sale, that's an awesome bass. Warmoth quality is simply amazing and your bass parts are no exception.

PM,d re: Bridge

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1123986' date='Feb 11 2011, 04:12 PM']New prices:
Body - £200
Pickups and electronics - £80
Bridge - £30
Neck - £180
Tuners - £50

Special packages:
Loaded body (body, bridge, pickups) £300
Loaded neck (neck, tuners) £220[/quote]