Why become a member? ×

Gibson Thunderbird - swap mine for yours!

HengistPod

Hey guys,

Thought this was an appropriate place to post this, though I've not been a member up til now! :)

My Thunderbird, although dearly loved, is starting to annoy me. It was a present from an ex-girlfriend, and now it just brings back too many memories. The lady in question was very dear to me, but recent events are such that I don't need or want reminders of her around me anymore. :lol:

What I'm looking for is a straight swap for another Gibson Thunderbird of similar age and condition. Colour doesn't matter. I have a brown pink-lined hardcase for it, but this doesn't need to be part of the deal.

It's a 1990 Custom Shop job, stamped "For Promotional Use" on the back of the headstock. Paintwork is black, all hardware is gold-coloured, and the scratchplate is gold-mirror with no logo. Twin EMGs, I believe. Could tell you the serial number, but can't remember offhand. I'm told it was originally used by Floyd London of the Almighty, but can't confirm that.

I've owned it for 15 years or so, during which time it's been gigged hundreds of times with no problems whatsoever. It is showing relevant wear on the body, though - the odd ding, cracked paint and bits where it's worn through to the wood (e.g. right wrist area). Usual slight corrosion on bridge/pots due to much sweatiness. It is, however, fully operational and all works fine. I'd have no hesitation gigging it tomorrow if the chance came up.

Not interested in any other type of base, or Epiphone/Tokai T-birds. Don't want to sell, either, cos I want a T-bird in my life still.

These are the only pics I have to hand, obviously more are available if need be. The lefty is my son's Tokai ...

A long shot, I know ... but hey, might as well try.

Pete Way - are you watching? :)

Angus
Aberdeenshire