Why become a member? ×

little mark 250

MythSte

Im just thinking, if i cant get a hold of a second hand LMKII how loud are these little fellas?

I mean, i know its not quite as easy as saying, yes it'll be this loud. but ill be running it through a 12" and a 15", Will the volume be comparable to a LMKII running through 1 8ohm 15"? (cos thats bloody loud!)

I could really save some dough if thats gonna be the case. and its only going to be for stage monitoring. we always have pa.

opinions?

I've got a LM250, and most of the time use it for band practice with a single 8 ohm (home made) 1x12". Gain usually at 11 o'clock, master volume at 9-10 o'clock - plenty loud enough (this with my L2000 in passive mode (hot pickups). Now I know that as you wind it up you don't get the same increase for each o'clock you go up by, but there's plenty in reserver, IMO.

I do have a 15" as well - I'll hook that up at practice today and see how the volume increases for the same settings I use for the 1x12"

However, I'd say for on stage use it would be plenty.

[url="http://guitare.playback-europe.com/markbass-little_mark_250-10715.html"]Got mine here[/url] - free speedy shipping to the UK, and the best price I found at the time.

Edited by RichardH