Why become a member? ×

sold

paulie

Just a feeler at the moment but I am considering selling or trading my Taylor AB-3 Acoustic Bass Guiar.

Designed by Steve Klien and Bob Taylor, these instruments are the holy grail of acoustic bass. They were only manufactured for a brief period during the 90's but are considered the best acoustic out there.

They are unique due to thier large size and specially controured body shape which is extremely deep on the treble side.
The neck is thin like a jazz bass and the electronics are vol, treble and bass.

They made 3 versions of these instruments. The AB-3 is different to previous models as it has a flame maple back and sides, spruce top, its bound and it has a gloss finish.

This bass is in very good condition with just a tiny blemish / dent in the laquer at the edge of the lower bout. Other than that its tip top.

It comes with the original Taylor heavy duty gig bag and it has been recently set up with new strings etc. Action is nice and neck is perfect etc.

There is a cracked AB-2 on ebay the moment for $2200 (buy it now)
A Taylor bass in good condition can go from there up to about $3000

Ill price mine at £1650

Pics attached are of an almost identical instrument for sale in the US recently (pics of mine will follow)

Thanks
Paulie

Edited by paulie

• 6 months later...

[quote name='paulie' post='1052705' date='Dec 9 2010, 02:28 PM']Just a feeler at the moment but I am considering selling or trading my Taylor AB-3 Acoustic Bass Guiar.

Designed by Steve Klien and Bob Taylor, these instruments are the holy grail of acoustic bass. They were only manufactured for a brief period during the 90's but are considered the best acoustic out there.

They are unique due to thier large size and specially controured body shape which is extremely deep on the treble side.
The neck is thin like a jazz bass and the electronics are vol, treble and bass.

They made 3 versions of these instruments. The AB-3 is different to previous models as it has a flame maple back and sides, spruce top, its bound and it has a gloss finish.

This bass is in very good condition with just a tiny blemish / dent in the laquer at the edge of the lower bout. Other than that its tip top.

It comes with the original Taylor heavy duty gig bag and it has been recently set up with new strings etc. Action is nice and neck is perfect etc.

There is a cracked AB-2 on ebay the moment for $2200 (buy it now)
A Taylor bass in good condition can go from there up to about $3000

Ill price mine at £1650

Pics attached are of an almost identical instrument for sale in the US recently (pics of mine will follow)

Thanks
Paulie

[attachment=66023:Taylor_1.jpg] [attachment=66024:taylorbacksmall.jpg][/quote]

Hi,

I might be interested. Is your Taylor for sale now?

Regards,