Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Electric Blue 12-150

LawrenceH

Hi all,
Finally thinking of moving this on. It has served me well since about 2004, and I think it's a cracking little combo. UK built unlike the later (Chinese?) series which were reported to have more QC issues, this one has never missed a beat.

Tone-wise I really like it and it out-lasted a TecAmp combo for this reason - it has a decent amount of grunt and grind, not super-clean and lacks the sizzle of a cab with tweeter but it lets the character of a particular bass come through a lot better than some amps I've tried, without sounding sterile. I loved it for funk! DI, tuner out and FX loop are useful, Octaver isn't (IMO) but the EQ section is very usable. The cabinet is sturdily built and the Blueline (Jensen/Sica I think) speaker has an appropriately hefty magnet on the back.

Carpet finish is a bit scuffed and before it leaves me I'll have to have a dig around for the brass screw to attach one of the knobs back(!) and sort out a worn jack input, but overall condition is pretty fair for an amp that was gigged weekly for a couple of years (not abused). Looking around the 'going rate' seems to be about £130 to £140 so given that this one's not pristine I'll sort out the minor niggles and let it go for £115 collected from Edinburgh.

Not keen to post due to the weight, it's a one-handed lift but still. Pics to follow but I'm not in any rush really, only selling as it's just taking up space in a smallish flat.

Edited by LawrenceH