Why become a member? ×

Soundcity 120B & Marshall 8x10

ase_one23

Due to me getting older and having actual grown up stuff to do i've decided to leave my band and sell off my gigging rig :) But my loss is your gain!!! Ok so I've got a MkIV Soundcity 120B, serviced in March by Flynn Amps in Glasgow fitted with new filter caps, new power and preamp valves (still under warranty so obviously i'll send the receipt with it!) and gigged a total of 4 times since then. It's LOUD AS HELL, the guys at the amp shop were more inclined to suggest it should be rated at 200W instead of 120W. Suffered some damage when was getting posted to me originally, one of the corner joins came away, not snapped and no wood damaged, just pins and glue. All repaired by Flynn also and u wouldn't even notice but hey i'm honest! In the spirit of honesty i'll also say that there is a noticeable hum even at low volumes, i've been assured several people including my amp tech that it's just a part of the preamp and is common to soundcitys. however, to get it more cranked and overdriven at not insane volumes (and also conveniently bypasses the hum) we found out that the reverb in socket on the back of the amp is essentially a preamp bypass, so i run my VT bass pedal in here and essentially use that as the preamp and the power amp section of the soundcity. sounds incredible, i'd say it's got a lot of ampeg characteristics with the VT bass but with a warmer more rounded tone from the power amp section. anyhoo, lot of blurb haha, naturally PM me for more details...

Soundcity 120B: SOLD
WITH the VTbass preamp: SOLD

Also comes my extremely beat up but perfectly working Marshall 8x10. Been on tour with Take A Worm For A Walk Week and Twilight Sad if anyone cares :-P £300 (i think postage would be crazy for this but i'm happy to transport it a fair way into england for petrol money!). I think it's a 1980s job but dont quote me. Sounds punchy and loud, plenty of low mids and top end, it's not gonna get u serious sub-bass but hey, for rock music, fugeddaboudit!!!!

Marshall 8x10: SOLD

Edited by ase_one23

[quote name='barteroo2002' post='996800' date='Oct 22 2010, 10:33 AM']Just to clarify - the VT Bass is NOT for sale individually. But is the Amp??
If someone buys the amp I'm sure you'd sell the rest individually, right?[/quote]

Correct, as you'll see there is a price above for the amp head on its own. If the head goes then the VTbass will [i]maybe[/i] be put up for sale individually.