Why become a member? ×

Various Strings for sale

I've accumulated some strings that I'm not using so I guess you guys can have them!

2 Sets of Elixir Bass Strings

-1 set is gauge 40 - 60 - 75 - 95. I ordered these on the 14th of this month and put them on my bass on the 15th. What is it now? The 19th? So they are pretty new. I put them on and said to myself "Wow these are so bright and full of life! Great strings! I want some flatwounds." - SOLD

-The other set is gauge 45 - 65 - 85 - 105. These are older. I bought them approximately 6 months ago for my fretless bass which I played (out of tune) for about a week then forgot about. So the strings still have all their 'zing'. But are also broken in. Best of both worlds! £15 including postage.

-I also have a high C string that I bought last week when experimenting with tuning my bass CGDA like a cello. I can throw that into one of the sets for free if you want. Or post on its own, also for free. Heck, it's just one string! I think the gauge is 32. SOLD.

-From that same cello tuning experiment I have a set of D'addario banjo strings. I was going to take the bottom string and make it the A string on my bass. Of course it instantly snapped. It worked for the guy from Lightning Bolt though! I also took out one of the 9s to use as a top E on my mandolin. So basically this just has 3 strings - a 9, an 11 and a 13. FREE!

Also I have a set of flatwound strings. I don't know what brand they are because my luthier just put them on my bass after a fretless conversion. They are old but haven't played them much as I found them too heavy. I think they're probably 45 - 65 - 85 - 105. Although I don't know the brand, they seem pretty good. They E string especially sounds pretty punchy and defined. As I have no idea how much these are worth shall we say £10 including postage?

EDIT: Forgot the DRs! I also have some DR silver stars for sale. Bought these a month or two ago and liked them so played them quite a lot. But, once again, I found the 45 - 65 - 85 - 105 gauge a little too heavy for me. They've still got plenty of life in them, although they've lost that initial freshness. If you're familiar with these strings though, you'll know that they're not the 'zingiest' to start off with anyway. Good quality string though. Really strong fundamental. The fundamental of this string is, like, the Lou Ferrigno of fundamentals - i.e. strong. Bought them for £34.95 from Strings Direct. £20 including postage.

Thanks!

Edited by Changles