Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II and 2x210RBH stack.

OK, firstly apologies, this has been up before and I've had to take it down due to paper pushing taking longer than expected, but it's back up now and everything's final, so this is looking for a new home ASAP.

This is a man's bass amp! It's downside is that it's a bit of a weighty beast, but my god, it sounds and looks amazing. I can genuinely say that I never intend to move away from this gear (only selling because I'm expecting a delivery of my 2001RB and first of two 410RBHs on Tuesday! :) ). I always managed to move it around with little trouble, but I did buy a couple of trollies for long distances and they're no problem at all to wheel about.

The head puts out 480w into 4ohm or 320w into 8 ohm, each cab is 8 ohm with two 10" speakers. Everything's bi-amp compatable and the leads are including.

I'm selling the head (including a 4u rack case, but not tuner) and both cabs, I may split if people are interested in the head and at least one cab but I'd rather keep the whole lot together for ease. It has the 2 4 pin speakons to use bi-amping and the kettle lead for the head.

The whole rig is less than a year old and was bought from GAK and Thomann. It's been used quite a lot but is still in full working order and has never given me any problems. I'd prefer pickup or delivery (depending on petrol money and location, I could possibly deliver if you're near a gig). I will be prepared to get it couriered at buyer's cost, but it's pretty weighty.

Here's the links to them on GAK (cheapest I've seen in the UK):
Head: [url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/700rb-ii/12085"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/700rb-ii/12085[/url]
Cab: [url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/210-rbh/8260"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/210-rbh/8260[/url]

As you can see, this stack new would cost £1470. Mine's less than a year old, so a nice discount for only having wear on the corners of the cab. :)

Pics:

Full stack.

Cab back panel.

The wear on the corners.

The only damage on it is the corners and there's a scratch underneath the head from racking it. One of the bits of metal that extends from the back of the head is bent, but I assume that's a factory flaw since the paint's perfect over it and I'd have noticed dropping it, plus it's been racked since I've owned it.

As said in the title, I'm looking for £1000, I'd be looking at about £330 per cab or £350 for head and rack case. I'm open to offers though.

For trades I'd be looking for a 5 stringer with 2 pups (pref not soap bars). I'm very tempted by Dingwals or MM Bongos, but I'll take a look at anything. I'm also open to offers of a cheaper bass plus cash. For obvious reasons I'm not interested in trading this for another amp.

Let me know if there's any questions. :lol:

Thom

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

Welcome to the "GK big-rig" club dude. You're gonna have an amazing setup. Glad the Polar boys helped you out in the end.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='979767' date='Oct 6 2010, 07:10 PM']OK, firstly apologies, this has been up before and I've had to take it down due to paper pushing taking longer than expected, but it's back up now and everything's final, so this is looking for a new home ASAP.

This is a man's bass amp! It's downside is that it's a bit of a weighty beast, but my god, it sounds and looks amazing. I can genuinely say that I never intend to move away from this gear (only selling because I'm expecting a delivery of my 2001RB and first of two 410RBHs on Tuesday! :lol: ). I always managed to move it around with little trouble, but I did buy a couple of trollies for long distances and they're no problem at all to wheel about.

The head puts out 480w into 4ohm or 320w into 8 ohm, each cab is 8 ohm with two 10" speakers. Everything's bi-amp compatable and the leads are including.

I'm selling the head (including a 4u rack case, but not tuner) and both cabs, I may split if people are interested in the head and at least one cab but I'd rather keep the whole lot together for ease. It has the 2 4 pin speakons to use bi-amping and the kettle lead for the head.

The whole rig is less than a year old and was bought from GAK and Thomann. It's been used quite a lot but is still in full working order and has never given me any problems. I'd prefer pickup or delivery (depending on petrol money and location, I could possibly deliver if you're near a gig). I will be prepared to get it couriered at buyer's cost, but it's pretty weighty.

Pics:

Full stack.

Cab back panel.

The wear on the corners.

The only damage on it is the corners and there's a scratch underneath the head from racking it. One of the bits of metal that extends from the back of the head is bent, but I assume that's a factory flaw since the paint's perfect over it and I'd have noticed dropping it, plus it's been racked since I've owned it.

As said in the title, I'm looking for £1000, I'd be looking at about £330 per cab or £350 for head and rack case. I'm open to offers though.

For trades I'd be looking for a 5 stringer with 2 pups (pref not soap bars). I'm very tempted by Dingwals or MM Bongos, but I'll take a look at anything. I'm also open to offers of a cheaper bass plus cash. For obvious reasons I'm not interested in trading this for another amp.

Let me know if there's any questions. :)

Thom[/quote]

You're in for a shock when you realise how heavy the items you ordered actually are. I put my 2001rb in a shockmounted case, probably the craziest thing ive done. My band mates are scared of it, and stay away when its load-in time.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='980078' date='Oct 7 2010, 12:01 AM']Thanks guys.

Yeah it took a while for it to come through but it'll be worth the wait. I'm like a 10 year old at xmas, only I've woken up about a week early instead of just the usual 2am wake up! :)[/quote]

I picked up a couple of things similar to this:

so weight isn't such an issue since it'll just be stairs that I have to carry it over up/down of the time and I'll have help for that. I'll just be getting a standard shallow 4u case for mine I expect, the one I have has done me fine but I just won't have the room to get away with keeping a full size one instead of getting a shallow one.

What shockmounted case do you have out of interest?

This is the case i got - [url="http://flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/music/typeproducts2.asp?id=4538-3379"]Flightcase Warehouse Case[/url]

A bit of a monster.[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='980099' date='Oct 7 2010, 12:24 AM']I picked up a couple of things similar to this:

so weight isn't such an issue since it'll just be stairs that I have to carry it over up/down of the time and I'll have help for that. I'll just be getting a standard shallow 4u case for mine I expect, the one I have has done me fine but I just won't have the room to get away with keeping a full size one instead of getting a shallow one.

What shockmounted case do you have out of interest?[/quote]

Already having some nibbles, just want to note that although I've said I'm open to offers, please make them sensible ones. I paid over £1,500 for this rig under a year ago, I understand I'm going to take a big hit on it, but I'm not going to give it away. :)

The cabs sell for £478 in GAK and £412 at Thomann (which is less than I paid for them) and the head goes for £482 in Thomann and £512 in GAK so I do think £330 each cab and £350 for the head (especially with a rack case thrown in, which was about £55 new) is a fair asking price for them, especially since I am prepared to budge a little. :lol:

Bump because it's played it's last gig with me now, new amp's coming up tomorrow so this seriously needs a new home due to lack of space (though if it's not got one by our next gig at the bell, I'll be treating the sound engineer there to a 1.5kw 12x10" rig :) )

Anyone's welcome to come give it a try and I'm open minded on trades so give me a shout if you fancy chopping something for it.

Bump because this is now only the 2nd best amp I've used in my entire life. My new 2001RB and 410RBH taking the top spot! Basically the same as this but footswitchable and with a distortion channel (which is meatier than a piece of meat).

I'm looking at a couple of trade offers at the moment (one's very tempting especially) but nothing's final yet.

I assume you've fired up the monster then? [quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='986846' date='Oct 13 2010, 12:36 PM']Bump because this is now only the 2nd best amp I've used in my entire life. My new 2001RB and 410RBH taking the top spot! Basically the same as this but footswitchable and with a distortion channel (which is meatier than a piece of meat).

I'm looking at a couple of trade offers at the moment (one's very tempting especially) but nothing's final yet.[/quote]

Alex (artist relations) from Polar Audio came up yesterday to deliver it personally, awesome dude (though I knew that anyway from all the help he's given me) and had a chat then came to see us do a song at band practice and get some pics. It really does sound great, I wasn't really expecting to use the distortion much but it really does add to the sound, so it's great for things like guitar solos where, because we only have one guitarist, it fattens up the overall sound. Got a gig on Saturday so it'll be properly broken in then! The footswitchable mute is pretty useful too.

Only got one cab at the moment though, another one's on it's way somewhere in the world. Can't see me NEEDing it for many gigs at the moment, but hey, it'll be enough to put out a few windows when it arrives. :)

Nice one. I've dealt briefly with Alex as I think he's new to that department. He's sorting me out some gk merch to give away at my next slash tribute gig. Pretty cool!

Enjoy it. I'm found mostly club and pub shows at the mo so the 2001rb barely gets a look in as I got the 800rb. But those 410rbh cabs sound huge anyway. [quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='986873' date='Oct 13 2010, 12:57 PM']Alex (artist relations) from Polar Audio came up yesterday to deliver it personally, awesome dude (though I knew that anyway from all the help he's given me) and had a chat then came to see us do a song at band practice and get some pics. It really does sound great, I wasn't really expecting to use the distortion much but it really does add to the sound, so it's great for things like guitar solos where, because we only have one guitarist, it fattens up the overall sound. Got a gig on Saturday so it'll be properly broken in then! The footswitchable mute is pretty useful too.

Only got one cab at the moment though, another one's on it's way somewhere in the world. Can't see me NEEDing it for many gigs at the moment, but hey, it'll be enough to put out a few windows when it arrives. :)[/quote]

Is this up on ebay then?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GALLIEN-KRUEGER-700RC11-2X-210RBH-CABS-/320603491235?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4aa5750ba3"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GALLIEN-KRUEGER-700R...=item4aa5750ba3[/url]

same pics/price so thought i'd ask and clarify?

Edited by AttitudeCastle

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='988021' date='Oct 14 2010, 01:29 PM']Is this up on ebay then?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GALLIEN-KRUEGER-700RC11-2X-210RBH-CABS-/320603491235?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4aa5750ba3"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GALLIEN-KRUEGER-700R...=item4aa5750ba3[/url]

same pics/price so thought i'd ask and clarify?[/quote]

That's the one, was gonna post about it in a bit. As said on the auction, if possible I'd rather take cash for it, but I'm in desparate need of the room and would be putting some of the money towards a new bass anyway (though a cheaper one), so if it doesn't go this week, I'll very likely be accepting one of the trades I've been offered. :)

Edit: Should add that that ebay account belongs to the shop I help out at rather than my personal one, so any questions about the amp will be answered faster by either posting here or PM/emailing me. :lol:

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='988084' date='Oct 14 2010, 02:38 PM']That's the one, was gonna post about it in a bit. As said on the auction, if possible I'd rather take cash for it, but I'm in desparate need of the room and would be putting some of the money towards a new bass anyway (though a cheaper one), so if it doesn't go this week, I'll very likely be accepting one of the trades I've been offered. :)[/quote]

PM'd!

Edited in links to the head and cab on GAK. New price is £1470, I will take offers around £1000 on this. I'd still be far happier to take this off ebay and sell to a BC member (not least because of the ebay fees). And like it says on ebay, if it doesn't go this week, I'll be looking into various 5 string trade offers I've had.

Bump up for an awesome stack, my first gig with my new GK stack was last night and it confirmed what I already knew, I love the tone of these beasties.

If it doesn't go on there, I'll still be looking at trade offers on here. :)