Why become a member? ×

Vintage V1500N Acoustic no longer for sale..

This is the last thing to go before I can by my new acoustic...my current acoustic...

The model is a Vintage V1500N complete with a new Kinsman hard case.

The guitar must be all of 3 months old and has been played probably no more than 3 - 4 hours and has never been taken out from my home, it is as close as you can get to being new!! There are no marks on it at all, has just been fitted with a new set of Elixirs only hours ago also. The guitar was bought for a recording project which is now complete so it has to make way for (hopefully) a Lowden!!

All of the woods are solid, not laminate or nato. It plays very well since it has had a good setup and has a typically deep dreadnought sound, quite scooped, great for strumming or flatpicking. The action is quite low but it doesn't suffer from buzzes or rattles, the build quality is also excellent. I'm sure these guitars are built in China but you wouldn't be able to tell this apart from a Japanese or an American guitar and I wouldn't hesitate in buying one again (in fact they also do a parlour model which I'm interested in trying). Went to a couple of local guitar shops yesterday and it was suprising how many guitars around the £700 mark couldn't shine a light to this model, including a Breedlove which was a complete joke at £699 (although there was a £240 Recording King parlour guitar which was a total peach!)

Anyway, here is the spec from the website:

Vintage® V1500N Acoustic Series
Top: Solid German Spruce
Back: Solid Indian Rosewood
Sides: Solid Indian Rosewood
Purfling: Inlaid Abalone
Binding:
Flame Maple/Black/Ivory – Top
Flame Maple/Black/Ivory – Sides
Soundhole: Inlaid Abalone
Back/Bottom Centre Line: as per body binding
Neck: Mahogany, Maple Binding
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Bridge: Rosewood
Scale: 642mm
Tuners: Gold Grover® 102G
Finish: Natural Satin

‘The V1500 is a bold, sonorous performer, with a rich low-end follow-through’
‘Presentation quality is also enhanced by excellent build tidiness and good timber selection’ ‘...the whole quality of tone and texture is one you’d associate with a more expensive instrument’

‘To be able to buy into a more upmarket rosewood spec at this kind of money, and on an instrument so elegantly kitted out, is a real find’
Jerry Uwins – Guitar & Bass Magazine

There are dozens of glowing reviews all over the net for this guitar, I'm sure it won best under £1000 in guitarist mag too.

Due to the newness of this guitar I'd be looking at £220 plus postage including the new Kinsman hardcase which was £50 making a saving of £130 over a new one. The guitar retails for £449 but can be had for £299 from most stores.

Phew....here's the pics...
[attachment=60174:IMG_0711.jpg]
[attachment=60175:IMG_0712.jpg]
[attachment=60176:IMG_0713.jpg]
[attachment=60177:IMG_0717.jpg]
[attachment=60178:IMG_0718.jpg]
[attachment=60179:IMG_0721.jpg]
[attachment=60180:IMG_0723.jpg]
[attachment=60181:IMG_0724.jpg]
[attachment=60182:IMG_0725.jpg]
[attachment=60183:IMG_0726.jpg]
[attachment=60184:IMG_0727.jpg]