Why become a member? ×

Are Wilkinson Pickups Any Good?

thewalruswaspaul

Hi , I am on the hunt for some pickups to replace the pickups in my Squier p bass special, Im on kind of a tight budget and wondered if anybody has used Wilkinson pickups before?
Basically I have Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound pickups in P/J config at the moment , however im not happy with the tone , I am after a tone similar to the stock Squier pickups (which I found to be rounded and balanced sounding) but a little stronger sounding.

ive got some in a P i made myself, but its fretless with nylon strings. They sound phat and warm but most of that will come from the bass/strings so i don't really know. Erm good value for money and loads better than the unbranded stock p ups that were in before.

Sorry this isnt very helpful

By the way check on ebay, i picked mine up for about £15

[quote name='thumb4bob' post='110436' date='Dec 29 2007, 03:14 AM']ive got some in a P i made myself, but its fretless with nylon strings. They sound phat and warm but most of that will come from the bass/strings so i don't really know. Erm good value for money and loads better than the unbranded stock p ups that were in before.

Sorry this isnt very helpful

By the way check on ebay, i picked mine up for about £15[/quote]

Thank you, I actually use Nylon Tapewounds myself on my p bass special so that is actually quite helpful , how is the treble response? , I am after slightly rolled off treble