Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT4x10HLF - £400

sockdeluxe_mikey

Hi all!

This is short and sweet - I may be selling my Ampeg 4x10HLF soon, including a proper amp cover! It has one or two small tolex rips at the back which are practically unavoidable, especially considering I've been using this cabinet for over four years now. It is indeed a proper USA made cabinet and literally looks almost brand new (especially the front). Needless to say, with most amps it is literally [b]impossible[/b] to run out of headroom with this cabinet! It is frighteningly loud and sounds seriously great at the same time. With my MarkBass SA450 I have not heard much louder combinations - tube, or solid state - and had enough volume for [b]any[/b] situation. As some people may know already it also has a variable tweeter which can get you some very un-Ampeg-ey tones - in fact, as a whole, I really feel this cabinet is truly versatile and on both original writing bands and function bands I never really found it that hard to find different tones I needed.

I think a price of [b]£400[/b] is very fair considering its very good condition and the fact it comes with a cover. I'm based around the Brighton area (Shoreham-by-Sea) and it goes without saying really that this is collection only :rolleyes: . However, I may be able to arrange collection from my girlfriend's gaffe in Kent if that would make it any easier for potential buyers, or maybe other arrangements can be made via PM.

I will put pictures up ASAP and I will also confirm its feeler status very soon :) PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks for reading!

Here are the obligatory stats copied from Ampeg.com:

F Drivers: 4 x 10”
Voice Coil: 2”
Magnet Weight (each): 30 oz
HF Drivers: Horn/Driver
Voice Coil: 1”
Magnet Weight (each): 8 oz
RMS Power Handling: 500-Watts
Peak Power Handling: 1000-Watts (it doesn't actually tell you this on the Ampeg website, but on the crossover panel the label confirms this).
Frequency Response (-3dB): 48Hz-18kHz
Usable Low Frequency (-10dB): 28Hz
Nominal Impedance: 4-Ohms
Sensitivity: 98dB
Maximum SPL: 125dB
Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 24 x 30 x 19
Shipping Weight: 110 Pounds (I don't know why they put shipping weight here! Needless to say, the lower figure is the [i]actual[/i] weight figure.
Handling Weight: 85 Pounds

Edited by sockdeluxe_mikey

• 1 month later...