Why become a member? ×

Olympus LS-10 linear PCM recorder

Hi folks,

Up for grabs is my Olympus LS-10, a very nifty field recorder for £110 posted. It's not to be confused with Olympus dictation devices, this is defo aimed at the musician. Here's a few perks:

2gb internal memory, expandable with SD cards of up to 32gb,
In-built mics for stereo recording, as well as jacks for external mic and line input,
Record formats include PCM Wave (up to 48bit/96KHZ), MP3 and WMA at a slew of bitrates,
Onboard realtime encoding for the compressed formats is the best I've ever heard on a portable device,
Manual record level (set with an actual turny knob, not fiddly buttons!), and automatic gain too,
Decent compression/limiting (can be turned on and off with ease to suit the situation),
In-built stereo speakers (they're piddly at best, but if you like listening to Usher outloud on the train...)

There's bound to be more to it than springs to mind, so run a Google search and read some reviews if I've peaked your interest.

NOTE: there is one slight fault with this item, hence the slightly lowered asking price. For some reason, the USB connection seems to have stopped working. As a workaround, I've been recording to a 4GB SD card, and transfering files to the computer using a card reader. Happy to include the card I've been using so that you can do the same... it works a treat.

The LS-10 will come to you the original box, along with a carry case and the really rather large user guide.

£110 posted, or you could collect from South London if you'd prefer to.

Cheers
Scott