Why become a member? ×

noisy sansamp!

rmshaw37

hi there, just got a relay g90 rack wireless, so set it up in my rack, in exactly the right place to replace my lead. however

when i plug straight into the front end of my shuttle 6, its quiet as a mouse.
plug the tuner out (of the wireless) to the rack tuner, all is well and works as it should

plug the wireless into the sansamp rpm then to the effects return of the shuttle (as i always have) and it makes a bit of noise, bypass the rpm with the active switch, and a whole world of noise escapes.
to worsen it further, plug the tuner into the wireless tuner out, even muted its distoring the sound (which is audible) but the unaffected out from the sansamp the tuner works fine.

pain in the arse but i LOVE the sound of the sansamp, and rack mounting it is VERY convenient.

there was a bit of noise before however, so i don't think the wireless is the issue, just weird that theres no noise then straight into the genz benz.

i want to swap to a PA power amp anyway, could this solve it, or just make the noise louder?

any input appreciated!

Hmm interesting.. I have the PBDDI and it's fine. I notice you get a bit nosey when you're changing the noise, but once you program the sound, It's silent..

Usually I would say power supply as I've had that at some venues, but to be honest it's the level of noise is the issue rather than if there is any

I'm sure a techy on here will know what to do.. I know sometimes you can get feedback with hot pups, but it would usually be through the shuttle aswell..