I've recently picked up the bass again after years having not. The only bass I have left is an Ibanez 6-string which I bought when I was a teenager, and I'm quite keen to sell off and move onto a solid 4-. I've landed on the Fender Jazz, and would quite like some help choosing a model please! Would love to go around playing every model, country of origin etc going, but I don't have that luxury right now in the current situation...
I'm looking at around the £800 mark, with flex up for the right guitar (3 of the below are £900), and happy to go second-hand. I'm looking past the Player and Vintera series, so my options from what I've found in the market are as follows:
- Brand new deluxe active MIM in Sunburst, I've found for £750
- Also found a used 2014 model in red for £450, but it's local pick-up only and it's 200+ miles away from me. Seems a good price though
- Brand new American performer in Arctic White, for £900
- Used great condition Aerodyne MIJ 2017 in Dolphin Grey, for £900 (feel drawn to this atm. Not your standard jazz)
- Brand new 70s 3-tone MIM in Sunburst for £900
Seems to be a lot of different models out there, with even different years separating one from another. I've researched a lot, but would love to hear some live thoughts on Fender Jazzes in this region. Thanks a lot