Why become a member? ×

SOLD Hamer FM NAMM showcase 1993, made in USA

GAS knows no mercy, and so my Hamer that's been very good to me needs to go.

Hamer used to build top quality guitars, but then the usual happened and the megacorp that bought them started producing inferior copies that made it hard to discern between the good stuff and the dross. This is a great example of the good stuff Hamer made. FMs have maple tops, mahogany bodies and necks, rosewood baords and SD humbuckers. It's a pretty basic spec list, but this guitar does really, really, lovely LP tones. Maybe not as sustainy as a good LP (and we know how few of those are made these days) but otoh this is a pretty light guitar. Does extremely low action without any trouble. Frets have just been polished once, and there is decades of stuff left.

This was a NAMM showcase instrument and the guys have really taken their time to get it right. This guitar was made in 1993 but doesn't look it. In really, really good condition - I hesitate to call anything mint these days, as it's such a misused term - but there are no dents, scratches etc on the guitar. The Hamer finish does have some weird stuff going on in the neck joint and neck-fretboard seam. I'll snap a pic of it tomorrow, but the finish is still whole - just some colouring. Old Hamers do this, and there's nothing to be done about it from what I hear.

I think 800 quid is a fair price, considering these are over USD2k guitars new and getting one from US ebay for less what with the customs and shipping is not too easy. Comes with Hamer hard case, in good nick. As you can see, I lack the lights to get the grain to show well, but the two photos give an impression of how alive the grain is.

Edited by nobody's prefect