Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* F/S - F/T - P/X Gibson Les Paul Standard Bass (Honey-burst)

Oggy

For sale 'Gibson Les Paul Standard Bass' (Honey-burst).

I would also consider a SWAP / PX for a 32" scale bass of similar value / condition (WHY).

I won't ship overseas, I'd prefer not to courier – If it were me I'd want to see / try it before I bought.

I can't take paypal, I don't have (or want) a PayPal account.

I bought this Bass new from the Bass Seller on 20th November 2004. The Bass has been gig'd once at a charity do and been to 3 or 4 band rehearsals plus the London Bass Bash this last year. The Bass is too heavy for me (almost 10 lbs), it's 'honestly' in showroom condition.

I'm asking for £900 for this immaculate bass, you are welcome to PM me with any questions, I'll PM you back now I've got the hang of how the site works. I've checked out the 'birthday' of the Bass on the following web site: www.guitardaterproject.org/gibson.org

The manufactures specification are also given below together with pic's by myself (lots of them).

Serial No. 01521484 - Model No. BAL3HBCHI, taken from 'Final Pack Checklist', the model number is hand written, 'badly'.

The results from the 'guitardataproject' web site reads as follows:

Guitar Info:
Your guitar was made at the
Nashville Plant, TN, USA
June 1st, 2001
Production Number: 184

Gibson: Nashville
Gibson’s Nashville plant was opened in Tennessee 1974. All electric models and some acoustic models currently made at this factory. This facility has an average production rate of 220 guitars a day. Each guitar is built by hand and takes about 4 to 6 weeks to complete.

[attachment=56660:Gibson_Ad_For_BC.jpg]

Gibson Les Paul Standard Bass Features:

Like its guitar counterpart, it features a carved maple top, plus a chambered mahogany body and ebony fingerboard. Hot TB Plus pickups provide expanded lows, crisp highs, and distinctive midrange you won't find in any other pickup. Deeply polished lacquer brings the traditional, translucent honeyburst colours to life. Includes hardshell case.

BODY:
Top Species: Carved maple top
Back Species: Chambered mahogany
Binding: Single-ply top

NECK:
Species: Mahogany
Profile: Slim-taper bass
Peghead Pitch: 10°
Thickness at 1st fret: 0.850”
Thickness at 12th fret: 0.950”
Neck Joint Location: 16th fret

FINGERBOARD:
Species: Ebony
Scale length: 34”
Total Length: 23.881”
Nut Width: 1 5/8”
Width at 12th fret: 2.187”
Frets: 20
Inlays: Pearloid trapezoid

HARDWARE:
Plating Finish: Chrome
Bridge: Warwick design
Knobs: Amber top hat
Tuners: Grover

ELECTRONICS:
Pickups: Dual TB Plus humbuckers
Controls: 2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way switch

Gibson Les Paul Standard Bass Includes:

Gibson USA Hardshell case

Thanks for looking

Oggy :)

Some Photos:

[attachment=56647:Gibson_LP_S.jpg] [attachment=56648:Gibson_LP1.jpg] [attachment=56649:Gibson_LP2.jpg] [attachment=56650:Gibson_LP3.jpg]
[attachment=56651:Gibson_LP4.jpg] [attachment=56652:Gibson_LP5.jpg] [attachment=56653:Gibson_LP6.jpg] [attachment=56654:Gibson_LP7.jpg]
[attachment=56655:Gibson_LP8.jpg] [attachment=56656:Gibson_LP9.jpg] [attachment=56657:Gibson_LP10.jpg] [attachment=56658:Gibson_LP11.jpg]
[attachment=56659:Gibson_LP12.jpg]

EDIT:- Bass Tuners changed to 'Grover', they are not Schaller Bass Tuners as on the original Gibson spec. The Bass came with Grover Tuners factory fitted.
EDIT:- 05/11/2010, Price reduced.
EDIT:- 07/11/2010, F/T and P/X added to title strap.

Edited by Oggy

• 2 months later...

Bump - for [size=4][b]price reduction[/b][/size], I think this is a sensible price for a 'Gibson Les Paul Standard Bass' in this condition.

She's gotta go chaps, I can't justify keeping this under the bed any longer.

I need to put the cash into something I can play.

I'm also up for a P/X or Swap for an up-market Medium or Short scale bass, preferably a Medium scale - I have two short scale basses but would really like to add a 32" to the collection.

PM me if you're interested, thanks for looking

Anyone out there with a [b][size=4]Fender Stu Hamm Urge or a Landing 32" Scale[/size][/b] - a P/X or swap could be on the cards?

I know, both rare as rocking horse Doo Doo, but it's worth a try :) .

The Gibson Les Paul Bass on offer really is in showroom condition, anyone who was at the London Bass Bash this year would tell you.

[quote name='jwlkr' post='1015558' date='Nov 7 2010, 07:07 PM']im actually in love
dont have the money to afford it but if i did i would bite your arm off for it.
:)[/quote]

Hi jwlkr,

I know that feeling :lol: , just how I felt when I first saw one of these being used by the Bassist / Vocalist in the Yardbirds, then it took me a year to track a new one down. You can imagine how gutted I was when I found it too heavy for me plus the 34” scale aggravated the arthritis in my left hand :P .

Oggy :D

[b]News flash from my work colleague:- Six out of seven dwarfs are not Happy, [/b] well I thought it was funny, my Missus didn't :).

Evening All,

I've had three (Swap - P/X) offers so far, number one a [b]USA Fender Mustang vintage one from the 70's[/b] - very very very tempted but already have a CIJ Mustang that I love, number two an [b]Alembic 32"[/b] - again very tempted but it's a tad on the heavy side for me +/- 10lbs (I know, wimp), number three a [b]Shuker 34"[/b] - very nice Bass I'd love to own it but my fingers won't let me - Agggggggggg-rthritis.

[size=4][b]HELP[/b][/size] - Anyone out there with a 32" scale they're looking to Swap or P/X????????

The poor Gibson is languishing in it's case under the bed again, won't someone give this beauty a home and some much needed playing time.

[quote name='BASSISACE' post='1030493' date='Nov 20 2010, 03:09 PM']The most immaculate Les Paul bass received and tucked up in Aberdeen!

A pleasure to do business with you Oggy, you'll know that it's went to a good home

Another great sale through Basschat

Bass regards

Andy[/quote]

Thank you for your kind words Andy, appreciated.

I have to say that '[i][b]less than professional service[/b][/i]' from Interparcel couriers didn't do either of us any favours, would I use them again? Think not.

Anyway, all's well that ends well and I'm pleased that your pleased - enjoy her and look after her - I know you will.

Tim