Why become a member? ×

1976 Fender Jazz Bass Neck - Maple

Jebo1

Well, I swore I wouldn't sell this as it was going to be the core of my next project. Whenever I get asked for parts, it's always jazz bass necks, so here we go!

This is 1976 Fender jazz neck in maple, with block inlays. This is a sweet neck, and was sat on a great bass of mine until the truss rod started to break. Basically, in traditional old school jazz bass style, it began to work it's way upward at the nut. This has resulted in a split by the nut, and 2 of the inlays slightly cracked. To ficx this, you will need to replace the truss rod and ensure that it is structurally sound before stringing it under tension.

[u][b]This isn't a job for the amateur.[/b][/u]

The neck apart from this is in great cosmetic shape. It's got a 3 bolt fixing, and has a naturally good curvature. I can supply it (at a small extra cost) with a set of reissue 75 tuners from the USA if needed. The originals are long gone, they were corroded and horrible.

If this neck was perfect, I'd sell it for £500. With the work needed, I am looking for £300. This is firm.

For information, a local luthier here would sure up the neck for £50 - £60 and ensure it's perfect. If anyone is interested in a fully functional neck, I'm happy to pay for the work to be done before hand and then incorporate this into the price.

Is anyone interested in pics?

Cheers.

• 2 years later...