Why become a member? ×

Dave Hall VT1 Purist Bass

carlosfandango

Hello! All gone now, but this great Dave Hall pre-amp/OD/Dist....

Dave Hall VT1 Purist Bass Valvetone 1 £95 ONO delivered to your postbox.....

Cash, bank transfer or cheque please.

[url="http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r270/carl999pop/?action=view&current=P1010717.jpg"][/url]

BR/C

Edited by carlosfandango

Interested in the VT1.

Trouble is, it's by reputation only, don't honestly know much about them beyond "warm" and "valve". So a couple of Q's:

1) What does the 'colour' knob do ? Sounds like tone-shaping, but what, treble roll-off ?

2) Does it do warm and clean(ish) ? I'm really not looking for distortion, but I've read the 2-knob VT1 does a great 'clean and valvey'.

3) I've got a feeling this needs a 12V power supply, if so, are you selling one with it ?

Thanks, Andy

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='922118' date='Aug 11 2010, 10:56 PM']Interested in the VT1.

Trouble is, it's by reputation only, don't honestly know much about them beyond "warm" and "valve". So a couple of Q's:

1) What does the 'colour' knob do ? Sounds like tone-shaping, but what, treble roll-off ?

2) Does it do warm and clean(ish) ? I'm really not looking for distortion, but I've read the 2-knob VT1 does a great 'clean and valvey'.

3) I've got a feeling this needs a 12V power supply, if so, are you selling one with it ?

Thanks, Andy[/quote]

Hi Andy,

yes it does "cleanish" really well. I have mostly used it a pre amp for recording in my studio to add a bit warmth and ummmph to the tone. it's a fabulous od/dist too, and I really rate it, especially for active basses like my 'Wicks. I love it as it really feels like playing through a propare all valve amp......you can easily control your tone and the growl by your fingers. No power supply I'm afraid, but Maplin's got loads... :)