Why become a member? ×

Selling a Beautiful Warwick Streamer - Black Thru Neck.

pembroke151

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD !

Hello.

I'm looking for a good home for this bass at a great price, it's a full German bred Warwick Streamer Stage I With split coil and J pickups.

I will assume that anyone who's looking will have a certain amount of bass knowledge so won't patronise by going into the details, I am aware however that some Warwick controls differ so must explain that this bass has a 3 band eq, master volume and an active bypass push/pull. Pickup blend is on the ring pot below the volume.

I have come to Basschat to offer this, because it's a genuine honest sale, and the price is so cheap at £899, one of these new will cost well over 2k, and this bass is in ex demo condition, there are no marks whatsoever, NONE. Why am I selling??? Because when I was playing with a function band last year, I wanted something active and light, however after a couple of practices I could not get used to this and realised I had made a mistake. I am in the music trade, so £899 is the price I paid for it, better than a trade price, and I am selling it in the Warwick flight case, not standard with the bass, it just comes with the bag. I am now playing my 92 "longhorn" jazz bass, with a badass 2 bridge, Delano pickups and a John East J Retro pre amp, that's eventually where I got my active circuit from, shame about the weight, but hey ho. I've done my best with pictures but could take some more for interested parties, or you could come and look at the bass in Skipton North Yorkshire. I also get about a bit with my job, virtually anywhere in the north and Scotland, so perhaps I could bring it to you??

My original Ebay ad is pasted in below.
[b]
Warwick Streamer Stage 1, German Manufacture in Custom Shop black - Black Hardware - Everything !![/b]

This bass has recently been for sale elsewhere and was temporarily withdrawn due to interest from a potential buyer which unfortunately fell through.
2006 Model in high gloss black, all hardware in black also, I am told this is a custom option, either way it makes up for a nice finish to a very distinctive professional instrument. The bass plays superbly and has been on display in store before being bought by myself, unfortunately it has transpired to be one bass too many and consequently has to be sold. The bass is complete with Warwick flight case and full owners kit including truss rod adjuster, cleaning cloth, allen keys, straplocks and owners manual. I am selling as a used item to avoid any confusion, but to be totally fair the condition has to be given as 9/10 - No scratches or signs of playing, it loses a point because some of the gold paint used on the MEC pickups has come off on the split coil, nothing major, you can see this in the photos.

NEED MORE PHOTOS?? Let me know, I can email better shots on request.

Features include

* Adjustable nut
* Active circuit, pickup blend, three band EQ with push/pull treble boost, master volume.
* Flamed maple AA body
* Flamed maple neck
* Wenge fingerboard
* Black hardware
* Serial Number - D-124181-06
* Produced 12/06/2006

I will ship in the case, obviously with insurance and all necessary precautions. I'll also secure the catches with cable ties, you can simply cut these off once received.

Edited by pembroke151