Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: MIJ Yamaha Super R'n'Roller 400 (70's style Strat)

It's from the late 70's/early 80's and is a replica of a 70's CBS-era Strat. It's not completely accurate however, dimensionally is perfect but it has an 11-screw pickguard, a 3 way switch (although you can easily get those inbetween tones by careful placing of the switch) and a four-bolt neck joint.

It's in stunning condition for it's age, it comes with the original soft case and tool bag, as well as the ashtray bridge cover. It got quite a lot of use and I'd worn the frets down, so it's just come back from a beautiful refret job by Matt Ryan based in Manchester. The frets are done so well, you couldn't tell they weren't as new, and the neck is one of the most comfortable I've ever played.

Soundwise, it's wonderful - really nice pingy and percussive Strat. Certainly up there with pretty much every Strat I've owned in the past.

Anyway - for sale at £400 due to it's condition and the brand new frets, and I'll potentially be interested in trades for any decent Japanese guitars (e.g. Yamaha, Fender Tele/Jag/Jazzmaster, Greco Tele, Burny LP, Edwards LP) or quality valve amps with cash adjustment where necessary.