Why become a member? ×

OLP Tony Levin MM3

GaryTheBassMan

So due to a severe lack of money and being told that I have to get rid of some of my basses as I want a fretless I'm gonna put my OLP Tony Levin MM3 up for sale or trade. It is a bass wood body (I believe) with a quilted maple top (which is beautiful), tortoise shell scratchplate and a maple neck with another quilted maple veneer on the headstock.

If I remember correct when I got this they said that this model is fitted with genuine Musicman pups, which sound good but lack something in tone compared to my Stirling so I wouldn't say they are as high a quality Musicman or not. Maybe this could be resolved with an upgrade of the pots though? It currently is active with a three band EQ which gives a good scope for tone. For its price range I think its by far the best sounding of all the basses I have played (but I am a musicman lover I guess) and plays really well as long as you don't mind the weight.

It's in pretty good condition but there is a nasty scratch on the back (pictured) and it needs a re-solder around the jack area!! (which come to think of it could actually be the poor battery in it) lol but if needs be I can do that if you want, I meant to get around to it ages ago but everything has been a bit hectic lately!! This will probably not be a huge problem though as I have noticed everyone tends to buy these with the intent to upgrade the electronics anyway!!

This is a great bass though and if I could afford too it would be kept and upgraded as I have seen some really nice modded OLPs floating around!! With woods like this one it would be an absolute peach as well!!

I was thinking around the £260 price just because I dont really know how much these go for but it is definitely worth that to me!! I would also be interested in any trades for a fretless bass, lined preferably!

I often venture up towards Portsmouth/Brighton way too so if you want to have a look I can always take it with me!! And depending on your location I will also consider some way of getting it to you!

I dont really know what else to say about it!! lol any questions give me a shout and I'll get some sound clips up soon!!

For more pictures including the scratch on the back follow the link below!!

[url="http://gallery.me.com/garytheman2003#100049&bgcolor=black&view=grid"]http://gallery.me.com/garytheman2003#10004...k&view=grid[/url]

[attachment=52586:PICT0149.JPG]

Edited by GaryTheBassMan

[quote name='GaryTheBassMan' post='875344' date='Jun 23 2010, 01:18 PM']BUMP!! am I asking for too much?[/quote]
As a guide you may be interested to know that a few months ago I picked up a brand new OLP Tony Levin (the 'orange' version) from e-bay for £285 delivered. Having said that, they are out of production and the one I got was probably one of the last few to be shipped out of China. Aaaaannnnddddd, they are a blinking good buy for the money!!
Hope this helps.

[quote name='tarlump' post='876137' date='Jun 24 2010, 09:09 AM']As a guide you may be interested to know that a few months ago I picked up a brand new OLP Tony Levin (the 'orange' version) from e-bay for £285 delivered. Having said that, they are out of production and the one I got was probably one of the last few to be shipped out of China. Aaaaannnnddddd, they are a blinking good buy for the money!!
Hope this helps.[/quote]

Ah the Orange beast, I was almost tempted by that one until I saw this one!!

So after this revelation how about I drop it to £280 and then depending on your location I will try to sort out some way of getting to who ever wants it?

I hope that helps!! It really is a beautiful bass to play, just needs a bit more love than I can give it atm!!