Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: dbx 163x - stereo pair and includes racking kit

sockdeluxe_mikey

Hi all!

Here we have for sale here is my dbx 163x - it's a one slider rackmount compressor that deservedly has a really good reputation as a quality bass compressor. Being a rackmount studio compressor however also means that it compresses many different things very well - as a taster, I have read that it can be very pleasant and punchy for snare drums and even rap vocals! I used this mostly in quite a subtle fashion, so as just to mildly bring together rogue peaks, but the high compression 'pumping' sounds it does are complete knockout and leave no doubt as to being able to do the job properly - down and dirty in its style. As can be appreciated, having a stereo pair allows for handy operation, obvious examples being able to handle true stereo independent compression in a bass setup or using both sides for independent compression settings for different sources in a studio.

As can be seen, the front panel is really as simple as it gets with a very easy to read -db LED's and the compression sliders, which is why for some people (including me) it makes for a really nice compressor to use in a live setup. There is also a 'Hi-Z' input on the front, which means that an instrument can be plugged straight into the front of the compressor and then can be hooked up to your amp etc. via the out, and this is an option alongside the more traditional studio Sends and Returns on the back.

It's pretty obviously not a showroom condition unit, but I think it's genuinely kept fairly smart considering its age and it's really not a unit that needs to be babied too much - the majority of the wear is also pretty unnoticeable when racked up.

It is for sale at [size=5][b][/b]£85 inc. postage[/size] or a possible trade, and can either be collected from my home in Shoreham-by-Sea nr. Brighton or posted. If anybody has any questions, then do not hesitate to drop me a line!

Cheers for reading :)

Edited by sockdeluxe_mikey

Sorry folks - the item has now been posted on eBay! Again, if anybody has any questions about the item then do not hesitate to ask.

Happy possible bidding :brow:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140419191374#ht_500wt_1154"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4#ht_500wt_1154[/url]