Why become a member? ×

Transcription: Skunk Funk

Hi guys,
Having had a look at the version of the tune 'Skunk Funk' by the Brecker Brothers that is in one of the realbooks and then sighing dissapointedly at how inaccurate it is harmonically (the rhythm's pretty much spot on) I penciled a chart out this afternoon after playing around with it a bit.

The tune almost completely runs from the top of the chart to the bottom over and over again on the album version with a break for a bit with the horns and the rhythm section (but not bass) slowly being added in before they just fall back into the section that starts with the repeat bar.

I haven't been transcribing very long nor have I posted anything I have done on here in the past so I'd really appreciate your comments on readability and accuracy.

Sorry it's scanned and in pencil, I haven't yet spent the time in learning to transfer hand-writen stuff into software in a way that's quicker than doing it by hand but I will in the future.

Nice one guys, hope it suits!

P.S. ignore the Segno symbol, wrote it in thinking i'd need it and forgot to rub it out before scanning it.