Why become a member? ×

Crafter BA580EQ 5-String Acoustic Bass, Luvverley...

BassJase

This will hopefully be the last thing in my Spring clear-out, my Crafter BA580EQ 5-String acoustic.
Its a beautiful and great sounding bass, I just haven't used it for about 2 years since moving on from my old folk-blues-rock band in Norfolk.
Its in a tasty trans black finish with gold hardware, rosewood bridge and fingerboard, ash back and sides and quilted maple top. Seeeexxyy....
It also has Abolone trim around the soundhole, white binding around the fretboard and body, 22 frets, and is a comfy but not flappy 32" scale.

The preamp as controls for volume, bass, middle, treble and presence, and has a battery check (useful) and mute switch (very useful)
Its been gigged but its in overall great condition, the only two real nasties are a chip on the headstock and a bit of scratching on the bridge and some marks on one or two bridge pins, where some numpty couldn't get the string pegs out with his hands so he used pliers. (Me, tw*t.) I've show these well in the pictures, and there are a few tiny dinks on the body but nothing that will show up in any pictures, and some slight tarnishing on the tuners. I took the shots in sunlight to show things as best as possible.

It comes in its own hardcase which is also in used but good condition, no problem with the latches or anything, and it really does sound good. I've had 4 acoustic basses now and this is the best of the ones I've owned, it records great and the string spacing is especially comfortable for those who don't like it too wide (its about 16mm at the bridge.)
The only thing it really needs is some new strings on it. I really like the dead and dubby sound on acoustics, (I like to play along to reggae and DnB tracks with it and it sounds great) but a lot of folks don't. Apart from that its all good to go. I really liked the idea of having it strung E-C to really make it sing with chords and stuff, but alas its not meant to be....

Piccies.....

Looking for £170 for it, collected from myself in North London (but I do also travel to East Anglia and Cambridge pretty rugularly so delivery could possibly be negotiated to those far away lands....!)
I would possibly post if needs be but you know what a pain in the ring that is. Payment by bank transfer, paypal (if you cover the fees) or cheque, or cash on collection.
Let me hear your thoughts folks..... :)

Edited by BassJase