Why become a member? ×

Ibanez ICB300ex

hellothere

Because of where the strap pegs are positioned and the fact the straps i currently have are locking ones that are chunky on the end i can't use them. I have one strap which i can use but it is a cheap sh*tty fender one and comes off much too easily.. Also because of the shape and (i think) the light body it neckdives quite alot also.

What kind of strap would be best suited for what i need?

^you can see one where the body "flicks" at the bottom, the other is on the back at the bottom of the neck (the heel?)

on a side note it came strung with elixer strings which i havnt used before, is it just me or do they sound BRIGHT?

I have the more retro looking IC200, with the big block markers, and gold hard wear :rolleyes:

I find that neck dive, and the bass tipping away from you to be a real pain on this bass. And some people think Thunderbirds are bad! :lol:

OTPJ is spot on with the tip for the wide, padded strap. I have been thinking about moving the lower strap button (below the bridge) further up the body, and then the one closest to the neck, moved/ incorporated into one of the neck screws, using a longer screw, and additional spacers.

Mine came with Elixir's too. I thought they were very nice, and did last a while, although being a pick player, they did start to go a little furry after a while as the coating wore away :)