Why become a member? ×

Drum Festival

timloudon

Hello there folks.

The drummer in my band (Paul from Electro Music in Doncaster - you may have met him) has organised a drum festival for Sunday April the 11th at the State Club in Gainsborough. Very recently Mick Yates, his best friend and fellow drummer, past away sadly leaving a widow and young son. All of the proceeds will go to a trust fund for for Mick's son.

I thought I should spread the word for my good friend, but also realised that a lot of you might be interested in the event.

Paul has got in a very impressive list of drummers for the event:
[list]
[*]Steve White (Paul Weller, The Style Council, Ian Dury, The Players, The Who, Trio Valore, Oasis)
[*]Karl Brazil (Robbie Williams, Leona Lewis, Feeder, Elton John, Lionel Ritchie, Lemar, James Blunt)
[*]Bobby Arechiga (Strongheart, John Parr, Journey)
[*]Ian West (S Club, Peter Kay, Kenny Thomas, Doncaster Jazz Orchestra)
[*]Errol Rollins (Ruby Turner, Human League, Dennis Rollins' Badbone & Co, Dina Carroll, Erroll Brown, Hot Chocolate, Doncaster Jazz Orchestra)
[*]Dean Cousins (UK's number 1 Rush tribute band Bravado)
[/list]Full details of the event and online ticket sales can be found [url="http://www.electromusic.co.uk/Mick-Yates-Memorial-Drum-Festival.html"]here[/url]. Or alternatively, they can be bought in Electro Music directly (tel: 01302 369999). Tickets are priced at £10 each and all proceeds will go into the trust fund for Mick Yate's son.

Here is the [url="http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=352084693656&ref=nf"]Facebook event page[/url], for those of you who like using it

I'll be there for certain, so if you're coming down let me know and we can form some kind of bass playing collective... I know how much we like doing that on here!

Many thanks guys, hope to see you there.

Tim.

Edited by timloudon