Why become a member? ×

SOLD Roscoe SKB 3006 MINT condition

nobodysprefect

Gone pending payment now.

edited to add:

In the interests of selling this before we move in next month, I'd be willing to entertain offers somewhat less than the GBP1350 even with the Demeter pre-amp.

Well. I guess I'm just physiologically incapable of fidelity! I bought another Roscoe 6 that satisfies my craving for [b]walnut [/b]and since there's a lot of sonic overlap...

Roscoe SKB3006
maple-purpleheart-maple neck
birdseye maple fretboard
35" scale. Killer B. Solid c, too.

ash body
exhibit grade quilted maple top
black and gold finish (lurvely)
bartolini pickups - I'm fairly sure they are the Roscoe Barts known for their punch
Demeter preamp - no longer offered!

Many at talkbass consider this wood/electronics combo the best possible combo for Roscoe Tone (tm)

I honestly think Roscoes are the best basses I've ever played. They have tons of punch and definition, and this bass in particular never sounds harsh. You will anger your soundman if you boost the lows though, there will be just too much of a good thing. IF you don't need to cut through a mix or cop a P or J bridge pickup tone, other basses (Smiths! Fodera!) will be better. For a one-bass-does-it-all these are teh shiznit. Only Dingwalls have comparable B strings and they are nowhere as flexible ime.

I have some samples from the demo we've recorded with my band which I'll try to get around to sharing somehow.
[url="http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=125776"]Here[/url] are two VERY rough mixes of the tracks we cut. First is Bridge PU soloed, second is neck PU soloed. Don't really slap, but you get a (much) more old-school slap tone from this bass than other high-end basses. Not Marcus or Victor at all.

edit:
If I were a working freelance bassist these days, I'd keep this SKB. Demeter pre has some mid-scoop built in, but conveniently the mid control at the lower frequency setting giver you the option of countering that scoop and going for a mid-boost even. And treb cut, mid boost (which was 90% of the time what I was doing) makes for an excellent 'P but wider and fuller and active' kinda tone.

The bass comes with the Roscoe light hard case.

I'm asking for clearly less than I paid all told: [b]GBP1350.[/b] Trade-wise, I've no particular inclination other than that the trade bait should either be bog standard + cash or an exotic sixer.

edited: spelling

Edited by nobody's prefect

Thanks for the bumps! =)

I'll put up a pic of my new love one of these days... It's the Century Signature VI that changed hands a few times on TalkBass. One piece walnut body, wenge wedge neck and Nordstrand/Aguilar under the hood. It has Roscoe grunt but sonically it's all over the place! No wonder the other guys didn't keep it! It's made for a fairly specific need which matches with mine very, very, closely. MBoost is still a trio with a dedicated vocalist on top and the other combo I play with will never add a guitarist.

If I were a working freelance bassist these days, I'd keep this SKB. Demeter pre has some mid-scoop built in, but conveniently the mid control at the lower frequency setting giver you the option of countering that scoop and going for a mid-boost even. And treb cut, mid boost (which was 90% of the time what I was doing) makes for an excellent 'P but wider and fuller and active' kinda tone. Doesn't slap nearly as well and the new Century (New Century Evangelium == Shin Seiki Evangelion == Neon Genesis Evangelion for added nerd/otaku appeal!!!)
so I'd say that this bass should go to a primarily fingerstyle player.

• 2 weeks later...

bump!

If the prospective buyer would agree to take this bass with Aguilar OBP-3 preamp I'd be willing to go a little lower. I'd put the Demeter in my keeper Roscoe, I think it's the best pre I've had, maybe tied with the Glockenklang pre. Very different sounds, though.

Edited by nobody's prefect

• 2 weeks later...