Why become a member? ×

Double neck Jaydee

headless

Hi

Will do - I see what you mean! I just always presumed they were the same - will post next year

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='693152' date='Dec 24 2009, 08:01 PM']Really?! There must be some crazy optical illusions going on.

In the first picture on the eBay listing (the picture in the OP here), the 8-string bridge is clearly further from the "tail" of the bass (by an inch or two), so for the scale lengths to be the same, the 8-string neck would have to protrude further from the body by the same inch or two. But then in other pictures (the one of the headstocks, the one of the backs of the necks and especially the full-length one in the case), the 8-string neck clearly [i]doesn't[/i] protrude further. It's noticeably shorter. And the frets on the 8-string neck are clearly more closely spaced than on the 4-string neck (with the 12th frets nicely coinciding). So it must be a shorter scale length on the 8-string neck, by a good 3 or 4 inches if I'm reading those pictures right.

Could you satisfy my curiosity and measure from the nut to the 12th fret on each neck?[/quote]

Cool, it still has your name on it!!!

[quote name='Stacker' post='693298' date='Dec 25 2009, 09:30 AM']Hey, George!

Best of luck with the sale and have a good one. BTW, the Telebass sale didn't go ahead so that white T-bass is back in the sights!![/quote]

Allo!

This bass was originally known as the `Gemini' bass! It was up for sale at Musical Exchanges many years ago and there is a pic of me (surprising!) playing it in store on the old JD website - it is a beauty and one of the biggest basses in the world! From what I remember, the 8 string is a short scale job!

Oh, Happy Christmas/New Year etc!

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry - I sold it before I got a chance to measure it!

BW

George

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='693152' date='Dec 24 2009, 08:01 PM']Really?! There must be some crazy optical illusions going on.

In the first picture on the eBay listing (the picture in the OP here), the 8-string bridge is clearly further from the "tail" of the bass (by an inch or two), so for the scale lengths to be the same, the 8-string neck would have to protrude further from the body by the same inch or two. But then in other pictures (the one of the headstocks, the one of the backs of the necks and especially the full-length one in the case), the 8-string neck clearly [i]doesn't[/i] protrude further. It's noticeably shorter. And the frets on the 8-string neck are clearly more closely spaced than on the 4-string neck (with the 12th frets nicely coinciding). So it must be a shorter scale length on the 8-string neck, by a good 3 or 4 inches if I'm reading those pictures right.

Could you satisfy my curiosity and measure from the nut to the 12th fret on each neck?[/quote]