Why become a member? ×

Eastwood Classic 4 Bass

AndyTheBassBison

I recently bought a 2nd hand Eastwood Classic 4 bass in walnut and am pretty pleased with it. Are there any other owners out there? I'm happy to answer any questions for anyone who is interested in these basses.

The bass is pretty versatile as long as you're into pretty retro sounds - this bass is not really designed for slap! The bass can handle retro rock, blues and reggae with ease. Build quality is decent and the thin, jazz bass-like set neck is pretty fast and a pleasure to play. The string spacing is narrower than that of my MIM Jazz Bass so you need to be a bit more careful with your picking hand. I have not had any problems with 'boom' which is associated with semis and I have had no issues with feedback. I can summon controlled feedback when I use my Digitech Bass Driver (overdrive/distortion) - which can be used in some good applications! There is a bit of neck dive, but it's not a major problem. Fit & finish on the bass is just OK - not quite as good as I expected for a $650 list price bass, however the wood looks pretty good on the body of the bass (especially on the back). The bass seems pretty decent for recording, although is sits further back in the mix in comparison to the Jazz, which is quite cutting and up front in the mix. The Eastwood is perfect for recording with on chilled out/acoustic music and is perfect for acoustic sets as you can get a lot of useable mellow sounds from it. I have had a lot of compliments on how the bass looks at gigs, something which never happens when I use my Jazz!

I hope that this is informative for y'all!

Sorry no pics yet, my camera is a bit broke at the mo.