Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

line 6 amps

bassbarber

[quote name='bassbarber' post='626336' date='Oct 14 2009, 08:04 PM']hi i have seen that the pro line 6 amps have effects on them if i use them will i still need a multi effects pedal or are the one on the amp just as good????[/quote]
where's the fun in that?!! no lovely shiny pedals you neither need nor can afford?!!

it was just a wee jokey comment...

had a look at the specs for you:
[quote]Compressor
This pro LA-2A®-style compressor is ideal for every bass player and particularly useful for the ones who play with their fingers—achieve a smooth and consistent signal at any volume.

Envelope filter
Based on* a Q-Tron, this is the baddest envelope filter on the planet. This effect can be heard on tons of major funk and rock tunes.

Octaver
Based on* the EBS® OctaBass®, this effect produces a single note one octave below the note you’re playing to add a powerful new vibe to your sound.

Chorus
Based on* the much loved T.C. Electronic® Chorus. This is the most transparent, smooth and expressive chorus ever built for bass—and using it won’t reduce your low end. It’s especially beautiful with fretless basses.

Synth
Sitting at the back of the model knob is this secret weapon that turns LowDown into a ’70s classic bass synth. From funk to modern rock, this fully adjustable synth delivers incredible tones while tracking every dynamic move you make![/quote]

they're probably pretty good, i'm quite a fan of line6 effects. depends what kind offects you want tho?

I have the 750 HD.

The chorus is ok. not enough flex though. Doesn't do subtle at all, and before you know it, its warble time.
The octave is ok. not enough flex though, and the tracking drops out at B on the a string.
The filter is ok. not enough flex though.

the wah is cool though.
Its model on the old tychobrahe (sp?) and sounds great.

m