Why become a member? ×

www.djkit.co.uk

Daquifsta

Hey all,
Just wanted to mention this website, since I've had very good service from them recently. Usual disclaimer: I have absolutely nothing to do with them, I promise :rolleyes: .

Anywho, very long story short, I just joined my first band because their previous Bass monkey left. When he left he took the PA with him, as well he might have, since he owned it!

Our search for replacement gear led us to these guys, although primarily focused on those DJ weirdos, they also carry a lot of PA gear. They were on the phone within about 5 minutes of placing the order to apologise that the 12" passive floor wedges that we'd ordered were out of stock, and would we mind 15" ones as a free upgrade! Brilliant.

Here's where it gets slightly more interesting, because the eight separate boxes ended up in the hands of three different couriers (multiple warehouses and sub contract suppliers, I suppose). The order was placed at 3:10 on Weds afternoon, Citilink and Fedex managed to get their packages to me by 2 on Thursday, i.e. less than 24 hours from the order. DHL were another story, they were given two identical speaker cabs to deliver, they managed to deliver one of them on Friday. The other of the two (I'll stress this again :) ) identical speakers was held up at their main depot in Hatfield for being 'oversized', and was finally delivered on Monday. All through the mess with DHL, the peeps at DJkit were hassling them on my behalf, and were very quick to answer all my phonecalls as I sat waiting for the non arrival of DHL vans.

So in conclusion a massive thumbs up for DJkit, and a very wet raspberry for DHL.

Cheers