Why become a member? ×

Last Saturday

Snakeman1066

So last Saturday we played a bit of a Doomed Set....

[u][b]Back Story:[/b][/u] This promoter shoots me an E-mail and says he wants us to play this festival in a town roughly two hours down the road, big diverse line-up 17 bands....

so after hashing a few details we agree

a few days before the show i e-mail him back to make sure we are still a go and everyting is still a go...

we are supposed to take the stage at 8:00 p.m. and bands were supposed to be playing from 2:00 p.m. on....

so we roll into the parking lot and guess what? nobody there....

so i get out go in and ask the bartender what's up....he says, "Didn't somebody call you? plans have all changed....you still go on at 8:00 but your the opening act....

Apparently the guy that booked the club backed out the night before, and the lead singer of the headlining band took the show over....

so we unload, set up and lo and behold 15 minutes before we are supposed to start the Lead singer of the headlining band shows up with his drummer and asks us what kind of music we play? to which i respond "Stoner" (Imagine Sabbath Meets Floyd with a bit of the blues thrown in for good measure) and he's all like well all the other bands cancelled and i booked a bunch of Speed and Death Metal Bands :) (17 down to 7 and only 5 showed including us)

that and the sound guy didn't know what to do with us...lol and the show was a total sausage fest!

well we played anyway...

and quickly got off the stage...

long story short the venue owner invited us back....and only us...so i guess it turned out ok in the End

Edited by Snakeman1066