Why become a member? ×

I finally made a Lesson archive for beginners...

Dmanlamius

[url="http://mrlamius.blogspot.com/2009/06/bass-lesson-archive.html"]Bass lesson archive[/url]

It covers everything from beginners riffs, the major scale, Slap and pop lessons, tapping lessons, introduction to chords, hand and tendon exercises, explanations of what's what on the bass, advice on buying on bass, history of the bass, advice on playing with a pick, advice concerning musical ruts, fretbuzz, tips on timing, time signatures explanations, how to read tabs, how to learn the notes on the board, the role of the bass player loads of songs to learn, including:

Seven nation army
Under the bridge
Creep
If you want me to stay
Territorial pissings
Play that funky music
Come together
Cannonball
Roxanne
Stand by me

As well as this, I teach funk lines from my own repertoire. I show the line, teach the line, and then there is a beat for you to practice the line to.

My interviews with great bass players, including Dave Ellefson (megadeth), Jeff schmidt, Jean Baudin, MarloweDK and others.

Also my "Jam with D'man" series. Here, I play guitar along with a beat for bass players to write lines to. We already have some great replies here, via my youtube channel.

There is loads of other stuff you guys may want to check out as well!

I sincerely hope it helps you. [i] Take care.[/i]

Kris :)

[quote name='Dmanlamius' post='518744' date='Jun 19 2009, 07:03 PM'][url="http://mrlamius.blogspot.com/2009/06/bass-lesson-archive.html"]Bass lesson archive[/url]

It covers everything from beginners riffs, the major scale, Slap and pop lessons, tapping lessons, introduction to chords, hand and tendon exercises, explanations of what's what on the bass, advice on buying on bass, history of the bass, advice on playing with a pick, advice concerning musical ruts, fretbuzz, tips on timing, time signatures explanations, how to read tabs, how to learn the notes on the board, the role of the bass player loads of songs to learn, including:

Seven nation army
Under the bridge
Creep
If you want me to stay
Territorial pissings
Play that funky music
Come together
Cannonball
Roxanne
Stand by me

As well as this, I teach funk lines from my own repertoire. I show the line, teach the line, and then there is a beat for you to practice the line to.

My interviews with great bass players, including Dave Ellefson (megadeth), Jeff schmidt, Jean Baudin, MarloweDK and others.

Also my "Jam with D'man" series. Here, I play guitar along with a beat for bass players to write lines to. We already have some great replies here, via my youtube channel.

There is loads of other stuff you guys may want to check out as well!

I sincerely hope it helps you. [i] Take care.[/i]

Kris :)[/quote]

Had a quick scan and looks good. Going on holiday but will dig into this on my return in a weeks time.........

Thanks !!