Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For possible sale/exchange - 70s Roland Phase II AP-2 phaser

Netballman

I've just dug this out of my cupboard and might consider parting with it if the price is right!

[attachment=25835:roland.jpg]

Completely original Roland Phase II AP-2 phaser pedal, owned by me since the early seventies. Made in Japan (even has katana characters on the bottom plate!) and in full working order...

... except that today when I took the batteries out after cleaning and trying it out to make sure it still worked ok (which it did), one of the battery connector pins came off one of the plugs when I pulled out the battery again! DOHHH...

I have the detatched pin so it could be soldered back on, or the battery connector replaced, but I thought I'd leave it as is rather than cut the plastic connector cover so it remains exactly as original for now.

The pedal hasn't been much used, but it does have a 2cm scuff on one corner of the casing (and a few other minor marks). Both pots work fine, but there is a very little noise from the resonance one when adjusting it (but not during use).

Anyone interested? It has a lovely warm tone and a good range of adjustment. Might sell or (p/)exchange for octave/chorus pedal, slicer, or WHY... ?

Andy

Guest BassKS

[quote name='Netballman' post='496755' date='May 24 2009, 07:04 PM']I've just dug this out of my cupboard and might consider parting with it if the price is right!

[attachment=25835:roland.jpg]

Completely original Roland Phase II AP-2 phaser pedal, owned by me since the early seventies. Made in Japan (even has katana characters on the bottom plate!) and in full working order...

... except that today when I took the batteries out after cleaning and trying it out to make sure it still worked ok (which it did), one of the battery connector pins came off one of the plugs when I pulled out the battery again! DOHHH...

I have the detatched pin so it could be soldered back on, or the battery connector replaced, but I thought I'd leave it as is rather than cut the plastic connector cover so it remains exactly as original for now.

The pedal hasn't been much used, but it does have a 2cm scuff on one corner of the casing (and a few other minor marks). Both pots work fine, but there is a very little noise from the resonance one when adjusting it (but not during use).

Anyone interested? It has a lovely warm tone and a good range of adjustment. Might sell or (p/)exchange for octave/chorus pedal, slicer, or WHY... ?

Andy[/quote]

now if this was the bee gee fuzz.....

Guest BassKS

BEE GEE FUZZ,.,,,,, nothing else. No joking only, I loved that pedal when i heard a band called Disciplina Kitschme (serbian in london) a drum and bass band , so drums and Bass on bee gee, coloursound wah, flanger, delay. Awesome stuff. check them out on you tube.

Anyway good luck with the sale.

Guest BassKS

[quote name='Netballman' post='500617' date='May 29 2009, 09:36 AM']Just acquired an OC-3 from BassKS (cheers mate!) but not in exchange, so still up for offers....[/quote]

Good stuff. NETBALLMAN is a great guy to deal with. Has had some awesome gear in the past like a Mutron!!

[quote name='BassKS' post='500943' date='May 29 2009, 02:17 PM']Good stuff. NETBALLMAN is a great guy to deal with. Has had some awesome gear in the past like a Mutron!![/quote]
Hehehe cheers Fatos! Now if only I could [b][i]play[/i][/b] awesomely ..... :)