Why become a member? ×

Echo on Zoom call. Audio interface related ?

RhythmJunky

Hello folks,

I've taken online music lessons since before they became cool ( well pre covid anyway). My set up has been the same, a microphone and either my bass or my slab piano going into a small (none usb) Behringer mixer. The stereo outputs feeding into the inputs a Behringer UCA202 interface and a desktop (HP Elite intel i7). Cheap, but it's worked okay for a good few years. 

When my tutor sent me the mp4 of my lesson a couple of weeks ago, my voice was really low and difficult to hear, so I thought that I'd upgrade the audio interface to a behringer UCA22 (not much of an upgrade I know, but somebody down the road was selling one  for £20). I tested it all by recording myself a couple of times, on a Zoom meeting and all was good. This was a direct swap for the UCA interface.

In my next lesson my teacher complained that there  was a bad echo on his end and the only thing that fixed it was by swapping the interface back to the UCA202. 

Does anybody know why an interface would do this ?