Why become a member? ×

Squier Chris Aiken Precision (EMG GZR) - *SOLD*
£340
Trelewis, South Wales

SamPlaysBass

Here’s a seemingly rare Squier Chris Aiken Precision with some tasteful mods. This bass is on par with the legendary Fiesta Red Classic Vibe that I’m also selling - the only difference being this one was crafted in Indonesia compared to the CV being made in China. It’s a fantastic quality Precision that is a huge step up over more recent Squier attempts (this is a much better instrument than the 40th Anniversary basses - I know, I’ve owned them!). Genuinely on par or surpassing recent Mexican Fender in quality. 

Originally, the Chris Aiken Basses had a single volume knob, no tone knob and a mirrored scratchplate. When this bass arrived to me, someone had made an attempt at converting it back to a Volume/Tone arrangement but it wasn’t the neatest job. Subsequently, I swapped out the massacred loom for a set of EMG GZR pickups which sound incredible, as well as coming with their own loom, pots and input jack. It’s silent when not in use and the EMG GZR pickups are some of my favourite Precision pickups (they’re based on Bobby Vega’s ‘60 Precision pickups - sound wonderful!). Black pickguard installed as the mirrored one blinded audiences under decent lighting - much smarter and more classic in black. 

The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed the ‘Fender’ sticker on the headstock. Not my doing, but it looks a lot cleaner and better than the graphic that came on these from the factory. Pearl block inlays, a bound maple neck and thin neck profile make this as good to look at as it is to play.

Currently strung with brand new Ernie Ball Super Slinky 40-100 strings and it’s as punk or as soul as you want. Same hi-mass bridge from the factory as the Classic Vibe - these basses are completely comparable in quality and give Mexican made Fender’s the runaround when it comes to build quality. 

No trades, thinning the herd due to house move. Based in Trelewis, South Wales. Postage could be discussed but arranged by buyer. All the Precision bass you could ever need for half the cost of a Mexi Fender - and better looking, too! 

IMG_6709.jpeg

IMG_6710.jpeg

IMG_6711.jpeg

IMG_6712.jpeg

IMG_6713.jpeg

IMG_6714.jpeg

IMG_6715.jpeg

IMG_6717.jpeg

Edited by SamPlaysBass
  • Like 9

• SamPlaysBass changed the title to NOW SOLD Squier Chris Aiken Precision (EMG GZR)