Why become a member? ×

ACG Recurve, price drop £800
£1100
Bury, north Manchester

Descendent

*edit for price drop - now £800*

Hi all, up for sale is my ACG Recurve which I recently acquired in a trade. My heart was obviously overruling my head at the time as sadly I still need the cash.

It's in virtually immaculate condition and has been very well looked after by previous owners. Comes with a basic hard case. I can ship but UK only please, pickup is do-able too. Spec is below.

For those not in the know ACGs feature a couple of tweaks to most bass guitars, these are:
Asymmetric neck. Thicker under the E string tapering to thinner under the G string. It's not massively noticeable but it's incredibly comfortable and ergonomic.
Flat fingerboard (no radius). I genuinely don't know why basses need a radiused fingerboard, tradition I guess. Flat feels so good and is a dream to play.
Filter preamp. A natural sounding active preamp (made by John East). Stack 1: vol & blend. Stack 2: a filter for neck pickup, bottom ring is the frequency and acts like a really powerful tone control. The top is called "overshoot peak" and is like a resonance control and makes the freq you chose on the bottom ring more or less pronounced. Stack 3: same as previous but for the bridge pickup. Stack 4: controls the amount of overall treble. Bottom is frequency as per the previous two and top is gain/volume for overall treble (essentially off on minimum volume).

The filter preamp can seem intimidating but once you've played with it it's really intuitive and you can get such a broad range of tones. Its best trick is to set each pickup to a perfect individual neck and bridge tone then mix between them. 

ACG Recurve

Build year: 2018 (I think)
Scale: 34"
Body wood: alder
Top wood: keyaki (Japanese wood, looks lovely: similar grain to lacewood) 
Neck: bolt on 3-piece ash and wenge
Fingerboard: birdseye maple
Pickups: ACG single coils
Preamp: active ACG EQ01 dual filter
Hardware: Gotoh and Hipshot
Finish: clear acid lacquer (satin)
Locking Neutrik jack
Dunlop strap locks

Cheers. Any questions, just ask. 

Recurve_1.jpg

Recurve_2.jpg

Recurve_3.jpg